Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had my first drive in my new GT-LIne Woo- Hoo felt good.
Some Impressions.

I love the car, so quiet and refined even on the 18" rims compared to the 2016 it is streets ahead, you have pay attention to the speed as it is easy to be well over the limit in the city because of the quiet ride.

Anyone concerned about the drop in HP from the gen2 GDI don't be, I couldn't find any discernible difference in performance and I will be honest that was concern, after today not any more.

Idle stop and go, I can't understand the dislike of this system I found it to be unobtrusive and will continue to use it.

Lane keep assist took a little getting used to but now comfortable with it.

Pat.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Awesome Pat!
I agree,they are very smooth and quiet easy to find yourself going a tad faster than posted lol!

Glad you got her out!

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
I wonder if the 2020 souls will be the new hooligan or scofflaw cars of choice?
Well srad.....I think the answer is pretty obvious. You bought one, soooo....:devilish:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Today I had my first drive in my new GT-LIne Woo- Hoo felt good.
Some Impressions.

I love the car, so quiet and refined even on the 18" rims compared to the 2016 it is streets ahead, you have pay attention to the speed as it is easy to be well over the limit in the city because of the quiet ride.

Anyone concerned about the drop in HP from the gen2 GDI don't be, I couldn't find any discernible difference in performance and I will be honest that was concern, after today not any more.

Idle stop and go, I can't understand the dislike of this system I found it to be unobtrusive and will continue to use it.

Lane keep assist took a little getting used to but now comfortable with it.

Pat.
Question, on the lane keep assist, does it just warn with a buzzer or does it actually steer the car?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Question, on the lane keep assist, does it just warn with a buzzer or does it actually steer the car?
Depends. I have mine set so that it just warns if you're about to cross the line. By default, it'll do most of the steering for you once you're up to speed, or you can turn that down to just steering you back into your lane if you start to cross the marker line. Or you can turn it off. Completely up to you.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The ISG sucks here in Las Vegas. Rarely works so dar - 105 outside. And air conditioning And radio playing also stops it working I guess. Not a fan.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The ISG sucks here in Las Vegas. Rarely works so dar - 105 outside. And air conditioning And radio playing also stops it working I guess. Not a fan.
For the little time it stops it shouldn't make that much difference to the A/C, and my radio keeps playing so if your radio is going off there is something not right.

Pat.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It does not turn radio or ac iff. The problem is it is hot AND i read that when you run air and radio isg wont work.
Nope, it won't shut off the radio or the blower fan. The ac compressor will stop because it's run off of a belt on the engine, but it'll blow less warm air until the engine starts back up. If you turn the wheel, take your foot off the brake for half a second, or moving the transmission into sport mode, it fires right back up and the air starts blowing cold again. I've been using it daily for the past couple of months and I've grown used to it. It's worth it for me because of my drive to and from work (hour each way in bumper to bumper), and is giving me over 34mpg... in a gt-turbo.
I lived in Vegas for a decade, so I know about summer there. You might want to either just put the trans into sport mode when you come to a stop, or press the ISG button on the dash to turn it off when you start the car. at least until september ;)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
It really upset me, when my Kia dealer told me that the ISG (feature) could NOT be disabled except by pushing the ISG-OFF button every time I'd get in the car. I think most people would agree that having to do that would be a real PITA.

A shorting wire across the back of that switch would permanently disable the ISG feature. It may also create a warranty problem. I found a very simple and safe way to disable the ISG feature, and remove whenever I take my car into the dealer.

I Just pushed the ISG Off button in, and held it while I stuck a little piece of card stock in along the side of the switch, to hold it in. It's cheap, simple, and easily removed, with no harm to the switch or the car.

Except for that one little annoyance, I really love my new 2020 Soul LX. I even named her "Jem", because she's a real Jewel.

:cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ive been driving the 2020 1.6L turbo for a month. This is my 3rd soul. ( my last was the 2014 whole shebang package- that's really what it was called- fully loaded) Here is my first impression.The care runs excellent- no problems. It is fast and very smooth. Mechanically it seems great. It has a bunch of safety features-I am still trying to figure out what they all do! Oddly, it has fewer features than was on my 2014-no panoramic roof, no way to put a spoiler on, no cooled seats, no auto dim rear mirror , no auto fold side mirrors.I do love the interior! The sound package- harmon kardon system is awesome and the apple play and android auto work well. As for the lame....the fancy mood speaker lighting- isn't anything special. In fact one of the cool lights doesn't even operate when the car is moving- whats the point? Fortunately my car came with the under dash interior lights- which are actually very cool. Also the heads up display doesn't offer anything and is distracting- I don't use it at all. Gas mileage is about what the sticker says it is. So far I give this vehicle an A- ... we shall see...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts