Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first test drive was in an automatic which sold me on considering a Soul...wanted a standard so went shopping for a manual trans...found one, test rode it..liked it..lighter color would have been preferred but bought it. Went to pick it up, signed the papers, car waiting outside ready to just pull ahead w/o backing up and waved good-bye and left. Wife and I stopped up the road at a restaurant for breakfast, pulled into a parking spot. When we went to leave, unable to find reverse. Yep, knob indicates all the way over to the left and up. So, like any other standard I've owned, simple enough, push down and that should get the car in gear but the more I try the less it cooperates. Frustrated I stick my leg out the door, backpedal to get the car to roll backwards far enough so I can put in 1st and head back to the dealer so I can sheepishly ask what I'm doing wrong. Sitting at the light waiting to pull out and still trying, feel this ring around the shifting knob, lift up on it, and bingo, thats what allows it to go into reverse. Guess I got my first blooper out of the way. Hopefully my last...probably not...this cloud of doom seems to follow me wherever I go.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are probably young. Don't be bothered by this, you will do much dumber things throughout your life. Not even close to a big deal.
not young...not by a long shot..born in 1952...and have been driving sticks since 1971... just never had one that required one to find reverse by lifting up a ring first..always push down first, then either up or down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts