Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searching for cheap insurance is what seems to be the most popular thing to do when it comes to insuring a vehicle. No doubt this is for good reasons, the economy stinks and many people have had to tighten their budgets. Looking for ways to save money in any manner possible and some people seem to get pretty happy when they learn they can save on car insurance but soon become discouraged when they don’t find any clear ideas on how to locate cheap insurance. The best thing to do when trying to get a lower price for coverage is understanding that every insurer is different, and therefore different ways to go about getting cheap insurance. Second to that is the term “cheap insurance” is one that should be used to sparingly and compare your current price with what a different company can quote. It shouldn’t be used to compare your price with another driver’s quote, because there are many factors invo

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
It has been my experience that cheap insurance is just that. What you save up front, you end up paying for , heavily, down the road. Ya, you can pay less in premiums, but just try to collect if something happens. My company, State Farm, may not be the cheapest, but when it comes to having a claim they can't be beaten. I have never gotten "the run around" on ANY claim I have applied for.

·
Registered
767 Posts
It has been my experience that cheap insurance is just that. What you save up front, you end up paying for , heavily, down the road. Ya, you can pay less in premiums, but just try to collect if something happens. My company, State Farm, may not be the cheapest, but when it comes to having a claim they can't be beaten. I have never gotten "the run around" on ANY claim I have applied for.
Excellent Post, Homer1!

Hmmmmm! Seems like the OP's Post ended prematurely, or they hit "SEND" just a hair too early!

There is "Cheap Insurance", and then there is "Inexpensive Insurance". I tend to search for the latter, yet keep with a Reputable Company, that will Cover-My-Six, in the event I have to file a Claim. I've had State Farm, Allstate, Geico, Progressive, and my Insurer for the last six years, has been The Hartford. I'm an AARP Member, and in the last six years, I have yet to find another company that can touch The Hartford's Rates or Claim Response Time. It's been flawless!

I've had two No-Fault Accidents in the last Three Years, and both times, The Hartford was there through the entire process, making sure I had a Rental Car, Contacts, Repair Updates, and Updates with the other Insured's Insurance Company.

Just like the saying goes, "You get what you pay for"! Well, I am one Customer that does get what I pay for, and it's fantastic! Go Inexpensive, just don't go Cheap!

Cheers!

BB

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I to have had a couple of no fault accidents, and with my company, I didn't even have to pay the deductable. They are there for me if I need a rental. Four years ago someone vandalised my Saturn Vue. Something was put in my gas tank. The entire fuel system was comprimised. My insurance company not only covered the cost of the repair but also the cost of a rental car so I could get back and forth to work, no questions asked. I have been with these people for over 20 years. Sure I could get the required coverage for less, but would a cut rate company treat me as well?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Excellent Post, Homer1!

Hmmmmm! Seems like the OP's Post ended prematurely, or they hit "SEND" just a hair too early!

There is "Cheap Insurance", and then there is "Inexpensive Insurance". I tend to search for the latter, yet keep with a Reputable Company, that will Cover-My-Six, in the event I have to file a Claim. I've had State Farm, Allstate, Geico, Progressive, and my Insurer for the last six years, has been The Hartford. I'm an AARP Member, and in the last six years, I have yet to find another company that can touch The Hartford's Rates or Claim Response Time. It's been flawless!

I've had two No-Fault Accidents in the last Three Years, and both times, The Hartford was there through the entire process, making sure I had a Rental Car, Contacts, Repair Updates, and Updates with the other Insured's Insurance Company.

Just like the saying goes, "You get what you pay for"! Well, I am one Customer that does get what I pay for, and it's fantastic! Go Inexpensive, just don't go Cheap!

Cheers!

BB
+1 for The Hartford/AARP. If you are 50 or over don't waste your time looking elsewhere. I pay just under $900/yr for full coverage on two vehicles - the Soul and a Porsche Boxster part time driver.

·
Registered
592 Posts
State Farm, since I was 16, my father before me, my wife and her parents before her.

No accidents, good rates, lots of discounts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have USAA and have since I was 16, I have got rates from others over the years just to make sure I was getting a good rate. USAA for me is half the price of safe auto and geico. I am very happy with my service as well.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
State Farm, since I was 16, my father before me, my wife and her parents before her.

No accidents, good rates, lots of discounts.
same here. state farm as well. before i turned 21 i had a student discount, 'twas pretty nice. that went away once i turned 21 though, but the age change alone drastically lowered my insurance. then once you factor in my Good Driving and Vehicle Safety deductibles...it can't be beat!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts