Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Finally Tinted.........and a new decal!

4K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Rodville 
#1 ·
Finally got my Soul Trooper tinted after owning it for two years! LOL! Pretty dark.....we'll see if I can get away with it. 15% on the hatch and 5% (limo) on the rear doors/side mini windows.......which IS legal in AZ. 35% is legal here in the front windows but I'm pushing it with 15%. I've got a pretty good hook up here in Tucson so if I have to replace the fronts.......not THAT big a deal. Just tired of it being sooooo hot here! $150.00 not so bad using SunTek High Performance tint.

Also took off that ugly Return Of The Jedi Death Star decal and replaced it with Darth Vader's T.I.E. Fighter! Much nicer I think!

That's all for now.......just ordered a K&N filter for the stock air intake and a new Fram Fresh Breeze cabin air filter from Amazon......should get that soon.

See less See more
#5 ·
Looking good! :w00t:

#8 ·
Had 5% on my pickup, finally just stopped one night and had my wife help me tear it all off quick, got tired of not being able to see anything from twilight till dawn. And the rear window reflected on coming traffic headlights so bad you couldnt see out of it at all. I just started going with whats legal, none on windshield, 35% driver & passenger front, 15% on everything else.

There is a reason that the darker tint isnt legal. Its because its not safe. You can do what you want with your own vehicle, but remember if you get into an accident and they check it, your insurance does not have to cover you. And, if you drive through another state its not legal in, you can be ticketed there even if its legal in your state. Iowa does it to Nebraska drivers all the time.

Ive always liked the looks, just got tired of the problems that go with it.

#11 ·
Yeah, well that's why I went the way I did. 15% on the hatch, I can still see out the back and if I get pulled over for whatever reason the cop can still see in through the hatch. 5% on the rear doors is okay because it's legal and I like it as dark as possible.....doesn't really effect my driving. The front doors? I was going for 1 step beyond legal. Didn't realize that he only had 15% past 35%. But so far.......have not had any issues night driving. I definitely would not want limo (5%) on the front door windows. I guess till I'm ordered to remove them, if I have any problems I could just temporarily roll down the window.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.