Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was almost adventurous enough to take off the four bolts that hold the fender on at the top to give me enough room to access them from the engine compartment, but in the end I went with the break em off method for the old ones.. Accidentally nicked the paint when I was pulling the old one off.. guess it is touch up pen time.. looks a lot worse in the pics than it is..

I used dupli-color metalcast I'll end up either painting the door protectors in it as well, or buying a chrome overlay for them and painting that.. will be adding more accessories in the red chrome as well..

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't decided if I'd go full on and just do the mirrors in red chrome.. but I got 3M clear bra on th backs of them so I'm in no hurry...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Looks great! Sorry to hear about the nick. I'm nervous about doing mine, but it will rock when she's done.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was doing something stupid and caused it.. if you are careful and tape the edges you should be fine

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good idea going with the Metalcast .... Looks great
Nice thing was with the silver color, I didn't have to use their base coat.. I just used the adherer and the paint.. I didn't clear coat them though.. time will tell if I regret that decision..

·
Registered
124 Posts
That Look is Lazer Sharp!
They may oxidize in Sun faster w/no clearcote... I figure if it shows it goes..On, that is.

Nice Job Samurai Jack !

·
Registered
383 Posts
SamuraiJack,

Could you post another picture. Where we could see the hood and the side repeater. I would, very much, like to see this red combo. Please!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will do what I can.. my shots were at sunset so I want to get sme good day photos anyhow

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wiring was the plug and play harness from Shark.. just unplug the headlight cable, plug it into the harness and put the harness into the headlight..

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I like the red/silver contrast. New and different.

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
I like the red/silver contrast. New and different.
Agreed! I think it is really fresh look and matches the red stripe that runs the center of the car. It is easy to go low key and look good. To make a jump to that metal red and still come off not looking cheap, ya gotta laud that thinking and creativity.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts