Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the link for reporting issues that you are having with your Kia Soul as it relates to safety or integrity of a product. This is how recalls are started through investigation. Be sure to use the 2010 year as Kia Soul 2009 is not listed. The more complaints about the scratches and dings of the interior depriciating the value of our brand new vehicles the better . (http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm )

·
Registered
192 Posts
This is the link for reporting issues that you are having with your Kia Soul as it relates to safety or integrity of a product. This is how recalls are started through investigation. Be sure to use the 2010 year as Kia Soul 2009 is not listed. The more complaints about the scratches and dings of the interior depriciating the value of our brand new vehicles the better . (http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm )
Filed my complaint today regarding scratches and dings on door skins, pillars, interior plastic components. Lets all get started on this and maybe this will help to finally resolve this too long outstanding complaint on an otherwise real nice automobile.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Filed my complaint today regarding scratches and dings on door skins, pillars, interior plastic components. Lets all get started on this and maybe this will help to finally resolve this too long outstanding complaint on an otherwise real nice automobile.
not all of us owners have "dings on door skins, pillars, interior plastic" to complain. Mine is 03/2010 built date so it has the revised door panels but b-pillar post is same and I don't have any scratch issue.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
^^ thread title is pretty clear and might get some folks moving more than one i started way back for issues like interior, paint etc and if folks don't have a problem with interior or anything else then safe to say they won't need to file a complaint to get some help..:D

adding - it's one thing to moan and groan on a forum about issues but imo is good to file a complaint where it counts, and especially after it has become clear that you aren't getting the issues addressed via kia or dealer (s)...

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Where do us Canadians file our complaints ???
thought i saw something for canada in one of my bookmarks but can't find so what you could do is send an email or call the telephone number for our nhtsa (listed on their site) and ask them b/c they might know?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A womans job is never done!!!

Hey Red Zman, that would be "good post "woman";)
Thanks, but I only followed through a little further than others, we have all done our part. There is power in numbers, we have to keep on it. Hope to hear about a resolution soon.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
^^ lol that makes 2 women now working on getting these men fired up but my attempts were obviously premature and they needed to get REALLY tired of trying to get things done via the normal kia channels but better late than never ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My father bought a Kia Soul the day after me, He just filed his complaint also.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
^^ true the main purpose is for safety issues but they are filing the defects and making it highly visible, which strengthens the individual complaints filed with kia, and provides a reputable database to use b/c know i was told by kia corporate that they were not aware of the problem.. also strengthens lemon law claims which do support defects like this that devalue the car, and if enough do make this known then i would bet money kia will get on taking care of it....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Did you try this 1st ??

Dealership: Service Advisor,Service Manager,District Parts/Service Manager and Kia Customer Service??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I realize that the website is primarily for safety issues, and I can see where this could be a safety issue. The materials used for the interior of the vehicle is so hard that it doesn't absorb any pressure that is applied. Take a look at the interior of any other car and I will bet that the dashboard, doors..etc.. are made with a little give, some sort of cushion just below the top material. What would you rather have hitting your body in a car accident, something with a little cushion or something so hard that it doesn't absorb the pressure of your seat belt buckle?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Hey Morey8, I did try everyone. Take a look at the main complaint thread and see what everyone has tried and if you have an idea that none of us has tried, I will be willing to listen.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Dealership: Service Advisor,Service Manager,District Parts/Service Manager and Kia Customer Service??
Yep...tried all those and was so unhappy with one of the dealers when they brushed me off at first by telling me that the scratches were "normal wear and tear" in addition to them only ordering the front door panels at first to replace not all four, ...and they also did that crappy fib renew application....
Just got another set installed by another dealer A few weeks ago....and was told by Kia that they're a better quality of plastic...guess what they are just as bad as the original panels.....
Oh and top it off, I was sent an email from Kia Canada just before they ordered the third set of panels stating that I would be getting the padded type panels that are on the newer production models which they retracted to me after a week after they sent it.....
When they replaced the lastvset, they wrapped the b pillars in a padded material and those are holding up perfect,,....so b pillars done...just need the panels addressed,........

Hey maybe somebody should do up a video on YouTube like the guy who got his guitar smashed by United airlines to get Kia take this issue more serious, eh?......

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
^^ youtube is a great idea ... "quality" definitely can be an issue with a company focused on growing their business via design, which i read somewhere was kia's intended focus.. looking forward to them running outa designs soon and focusing more on other areas of the car lol

·
Registered
135 Posts
Somebody needs to open a website called Kia_Soul_Interiors_Are_Cheap_And_The_Company_Should_Step_Up_And_Issue_A_Recall.com

1 - 20 of 20 Posts