Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2013 Kia Soul Base
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The people who installed my system mounted my amp onto the back of the seats. I don’t really like this, and was curious about other possible mounting locations.

Is it possible to mount the amp underneath the cargo cover and have the wires going upwards, into the subwoofer?

Where do you have yours?

· Registered
2011 + m/t 2.0l
712 Posts
FWIW, the factory audio upgrade models have the amp mounted on the inside quarter fender under the body trim next to the factory sub. your post reads like the people who installed your aftermarket setup were amateurs. I would have offered my customer a few choices, in with the spare tire, under the front passenger seat, slapped to the back of kid's fold down chair, or hidden inside the panelling where no one would ever be able to adjust settings. Selection affects price of install.

· Registered
2013 Kia Soul Base
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FWIW, the factory audio upgrade models have the amp mounted on the inside quarter fender under the body trim next to the factory sub. your post reads like the people who installed your aftermarket setup were amateurs. I would have offered my customer a few choices, in with the spare tire, under the front passenger seat, slapped to the back of kid's fold down chair, or hidden inside the panelling where no one would ever be able to adjust settings. Selection affects price of install.
Yeah whoever installed my system were ass. I’m very disappointed in their work.

· Registered
2 Posts
The people who installed my system mounted my amp onto the back of the seats. I don’t really like this, and was curious about other possible mounting locations.

Is it possible to mount the amp underneath the cargo cover and have the wires going upwards, into the subwoofer?

Where do you have yours?
I have mine in the center storage compartment in the back cargo area under the cover, I cut a couple holes for the wiring and it's really a perfect and nicely insulated area for it.
That said, I'm just an old lady that likes to have good quality sound in my vehicles so the only thing I have is an all-in-one amp and sub that's about 4 inches thick and measures approx 14x 14 inches. Most adding on to their car audio probably have more and bulkier equipment than that but I've loved this setup. For me it's the perfect amount of additional power and sound tucked away neatly.

· Registered
19 Posts
I put mine under the pass seat. I'm only running 1 12 and it slams with my box. I'm running a soundstream 5ch mini class
d amp. I outgrew the huge poer hungry multi amp setups. I've worked at shops and built systems for the orlando Magic players, but I made the simplest best sounding system I ever built for my 2013. Even built in a custom 5 1/4 center channel speaker that's a split stereo dvc speaker that is powered from the tuner.
\ Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Green
Car Motor vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Green
Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire
Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Green
Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Green

· Registered
2013 Kia Soul Base
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I put mine under the pass seat. I'm only running 1 12 and it slams with my box. I'm running a soundstream 5ch mini class
d amp. I outgrew the huge poer hungry multi amp setups. I've worked at shops and built systems for the orlando Magic players, but I made the simplest best sounding system I ever built for my 2013. Even built in a custom 5 1/4 center channel speaker that's a split stereo dvc speaker that is powered from the tuner.
\ View attachment 141020 View attachment 141021 View attachment 141022 View attachment 141023

View attachment 141022 View attachment 141020 View attachment 141021 View attachment 141022 View attachment 141023
View attachment 141021
View attachment 141020
That’s a 2013?? Last time I checked they didn’t come in that color! Just kidding, is that a repaint or did you wrap it? Did it yourself or had a shop do it?

It looks awesome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts