Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm probably going to sell my Soul. I'm looking at Challengers.
If anyone has an interest, Toledo area, 2015, 19K, backup cam and UVO, excellent care and regular service. They seem to be in the 13-14 range.

If there's interest, I'll either post an official for sale here or go to ebay and link here. Thanks. Flame suit donned.

·
Read Only
515 Posts
Change is life.
Power to the people.

Kia Soul 2017 model year – confirmed new stuff!
◾Release date: late 2016
◾Dealership arrival: late 2016
◾1,6L T-GDI turbo engine with 200 horsepower confirmed!
◾7-speed dual clutch transmission – DCT confirmed
◾New Soul colors: orange (confirmed)
◾Kia will also launch a new range-topping 2017 Soul model with sportier exterior (confirmed)
2017 Kia Soul Release Date, Turbo Engine, Colors & News | Kia News Blog

Let us know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
^^Thaxx. Will do. See below.

We need Details, and Pics of the Challenger...
Will the Dealer not give you a Fair Trade...?
Problem with a trade is I'm likely to get perhaps a 9 or 10 offer, whereas we can probably sell it on ebay for 13-14.

Even with a sales tax of 7.5% on a 30 grand car (I'm looking at SXT Plus models, small world hey?) I'm still ahead selling it on ebay.

I am open to any and all negotiations at the dealer though.

Two BIG reasons I'm wanting to change is the harsh ride of the Soul. My wife is very sensitive to the big whacks out Soul administers when we go over a poor transition (street to driveway or business entrance). Though the Challenger is not a floating boat, it's much smoother than the Soul.

Another item is the CG. Though stable, the Soul is a little tippy going around corners. More so than my 2013 was, but it rode harder too.

Soul CG is about 25" high. The Challenger CG is around 20" high, and it corners flat with little roll sensation. Again my wife is sensitive to that, she doesn't do motion well.

Now, don't go getting the idea that I'm some sort of saint. I know you won't.

I've wanted a Challenger for a long time. I woke up one day in the summer of 2013 with the "Geez. I need a Challenger!" thought firmly lodged in my brain. I don't know where it came from, but it's there.

I doodled around and eventually convinced myself I needed four doors. So I ended up with a (trouble-prone) Charger, which I should have Lemon-Lawed because its issues were so chronic. Instead I lost my shirt and traded it on our Soul.

But I'm ready for more, smoother power, great looks, sticky handling, and a new way of getting around town.

I'll work on photos. Here are a few:

New 2016 Dodge Challenger For Sale | Toledo OH

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,613 Posts
Reactions: Neanderthal

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
WOW... I'd qualify to get the Employee Price...!!! To bad I'm not in the market for one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utezo5cOF-k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIN48KV4qBY
You THOUGHT you weren't in the market...bwaaaa haaa haaaaa haaaaaa!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xm...powers-the-spy-who-shagged-me-1999_shortfilms

Does that seem about right for one year depreciation on this model...?
2015 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus Coupe 2D Trade In Values - Kelley Blue Book
Residual after three years is 55-56% for SXT and SXT +.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey! Doesn't anyone want to buy a Soul? Golly.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
^^Thaxx. Will do. See below.

Two BIG reasons I'm wanting to change is the harsh ride of the Soul. My wife is very sensitive to the big whacks out Soul administers when we go over a poor transition (street to driveway or business entrance). Though the Challenger is not a floating boat, it's much smoother than the Soul.

Another item is the CG. Though stable, the Soul is a little tippy going around corners. More so than my 2013 was, but it rode harder too.

I've wanted a Challenger for a long time. I woke up one day in the summer of 2013 with the "Geez. I need a Challenger!" thought firmly lodged in my brain. I don't know where it came from, but it's there.

But I'm ready for more, smoother power, great looks, sticky handling, and a new way of getting around town.
I have debated adding any comments to this for a while. Methinks thou does protest too much. You want a Challenger first, second, & last, period. You don't have to trash the Soul in order to justify buying the new car. The complaints you have have not been my experience, on anything but broken pavement I find the soul to be very smooth. Is it Lexus smooth NO, but neither is it the buckboard you are making it out to be. As for tippy I take on and off ramps at a good clip and never found it tippy, of course I realize I am driving a small crossover not a Miata and drive it accordingly.
These complaints you have didn't just materialize one day surely you test drove the car if they are there now they had to be there on a test drive so why did you buy it.
I know that when we decide we want to replace the old with the new we find all sorts of reasons to justify it, I think you are unfairly maligning a good car to justify your reasons for wanting a challenger. I wish you good luck with your new ride when you get it and hope that it is all you wish for.

Pat.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have debated adding any comments to this for a while. Methinks thou does protest too much. You want a Challenger first, second, & last, period. You don't have to trash the Soul in order to justify buying the new car. The complaints you have have not been my experience, on anything but broken pavement I find the soul to be very smooth. Is it Lexus smooth NO, but neither is it the buckboard you are making it out to be. As for tippy I take on and off ramps at a good clip and never found it tippy, of course I realize I am driving a small crossover not a Miata and drive it accordingly.
These complaints you have didn't just materialize one day surely you test drove the car if they are there now they had to be there on a test drive so why did you buy it.
I know that when we decide we want to replace the old with the new we find all sorts of reasons to justify it, I think you are unfairly maligning a good car to justify your reasons for wanting a challenger. I wish you good luck with your new ride when you get it and hope that it is all you wish for.

Pat.
Don't be so defensive. I never said I hated my Soul. I am a big fan of these cars.

My intent was not to trash the Soul, nor did I do that. And I was not trying to justify anything. I've made my decision, I don't need you or any other netster to affirm my decision. I was simply putting down facts.

Souls ride harder than many cars. Than my Spectra, for instance. Than my Charger for instance. It's just a fact. KIA is oddly behind the power curve on suspensions, that's just a fact and it's been written about chapter and verse.

I've had two Souls so obviously I like the cars a great deal. My first Soul cornered flatter than this one, but it rode harder.
I swapped out the OE 195.65.15 rubber for 215.60.15 Defenders and that improved the ride on the 2013 by 100 %. These cars still ride hard.

Drive yours back to back with a base Challenger. If you can't feel the difference, you need to get your rear end re-wired.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Don't be so defensive. I never said I hated my Soul. I am a big fan of these cars.
I don't wish to get into a back and forward discussion here and I am not being defensive. I simply stated that my experience with the Soul does not mirror yours. I have the 2016 SX LUX on 18" wheels and tires and it is neither harsh or tippy. Over 40+ years of driving I have had domestics and imports from Honda, Toyota,Mazda Subaru, GM, FORD, Chrysler, and over them all in terms of smoothness and comfortable ride I will take the Soul every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Believe when I say when a car is a dog I proclaim it loud and clear. I was being genuine when I wished you good luck with your new ride. Peace.

Pat.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I have the + with 18" wheels. In no way is it as smooth as many other imports. However, while a little harsh when new it has become a very decent ride over most surfaces. In New England it can still be a little harsh over roads ravaged by Winter compared to some other cars in it's class. Never tipsy but I don't drive it hard like do my MX5. In Florida it's a very acceptable almost compliant ride, comfort of the seats goes a long way. The wheelbase has a lot to with it but the size of the car makes it so easy to park places and compared to what I can fit into it, leg comfort of all passengers, all the extras not usually found in other cars in it's class or sometimes even in a higher class far outweigh the sometimes difference in ride.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts