Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all. New to the forums here. Just bought a 2013 Kia Soul! YEAH!

Unfortunately, I bought one of those blasted Febreze air scent things for the car. The ones that fit on the air vents.

Well, it leaked. I got back in my car a day later and the goo that came out of the Febreze device melted the paint off of the dashboard and literally ETCHED the air vent as well!

I've posted pics. What would be the best way to paint over what has chipped off so that it seamlessly blends with the rest of what's still there? I've been googling replacement air vents to no avail. Any pointers there?

Thanks guys! Looking to have fun modding this car...after fixing it's first boo-boo.

IMG_20160710_130957534_2.jpg IMG_20160710_130957534.jpg

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ugh!!! That sucks, lawrencecritters! I wish I could tell you a fix other than carefully repainting the damage using black Rustoleum (the one that is for plastic, too).

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,595 Posts
Sorry to hear that Lawrence. I swear Fabreeze is some type of alien compound. I used it once and getting rid of it was like getting rid of ants. Nearly impossible. Imagine what it does in our lungs????

Java has some great advice (as usual). Best of luck with the Fabreeze repair.

Reactions: cheferman65

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Howdy all. New to the forums here. Just bought a 2013 Kia Soul! YEAH!

Unfortunately, I bought one of those blasted Febreze air scent things for the car. The ones that fit on the air vents.

Well, it leaked. I got back in my car a day later and the goo that came out of the Febreze device melted the paint off of the dashboard and literally ETCHED the air vent as well!

I've posted pics. What would be the best way to paint over what has chipped off so that it seamlessly blends with the rest of what's still there? I've been googling replacement air vents to no avail. Any pointers there?

Thanks guys! Looking to have fun modding this car...after fixing it's first boo-boo.

View attachment 91809 View attachment 91817
Class Action Investigations

·
Registered
13 Posts
A little mist of Lysol or Ozium on the right floor near the center of the vehicle while the A/C on circulate will help keep odors out and your system fresh.

·
Registered
182 Posts
That stuff is nasty, I accidentally spilled one on my dining room table once when I was moving boxes. It stayed on for a bit, then I moved the box and noticed the spill. I had to completely strip and refinish the table, it ate through the finish and discolored the wood.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts