Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2011 Kia Soul ! with a little over 100,000 miles. At around 101K, the driver side front door speaker crapped out and started getting really fuzzy with the bass and then cut out completely. Now, I'm just over 105K and the other side did the same. Does anyone know if this is a common problem with Kia souls, and in addition to this, could I swap them out for new ones relatively easily?

Also, knowing almost nothing about speakers, what should I look for in specs as far as getting new ones?

Please help!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Not only is that not a big problem, it's almost a blessing. You will get better sound with aftermarket speakers. Because you are not familiar with speakers or installing them, you should go to a car audio store where they will match the impedance as well as other factors. Different speakers have different characteristics, some have better highs, others better bass, some are more directional etc... A good car audio store will explain all that and install them. It is not a big job at all.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
In the mean time, go back into your radio's Setup and throw all the music to the back speakers. You'll get a more Surround Sound effect anyway.

Anyone (any store) that sells and installs car systems will know how to get those stock speakers out and replace them with (hopefully) better speakers.

good luck

TechnoMage :cool:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Try looking at Crutchfield.com They've been in business for about 30+ years and are highly respected. Not the cheapest, but good to deal with. Their website can help you find the right speakers, and they come with hardware (mounting brackets, etc), tech support, and instructions for your particular car. Good luck. (And, no, I don't work there or have any connection with them)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts