Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum and have a couple of questions. I just installed an aftermarket radio in my daughter's 2016 Kia Soul + Designer series. Her factory radio did not have NAV or the Infinity powered sub system. I am having a terrible time trying to hook up the factory backup camera to the new aftermarket system. I research a couple of discussion (not many out there) on how to do this with a RCA cable. I connected my positive wire from the RCA cable to Video Pin 6 (Camera VIN) and the negative wire from the RCA to Pin 18 (Camera VGND). I connected the aftermarket radios reverse wire to the reverse wire on the harness. Now I do not know where to hookup the postive and negative wires for the camera's power. The Kia wiring diagram shows a Pin 7 Camera B+ and Pin 23 Camer PGND. The problem is I don't have a wire in Pin 23 on the car harness. What should I do?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My first reaction is to put pin 23 to chassis ground through the plug. It should work. If not, then I would check to make sure I have a chassis ground on the radio unit also.
THanks for the quick reply. The only issue is there is no wire in pin 23 on the car harness or the aftermarket harness; in other words there is nothing to connect to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts