Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I just bought my new Soul yesterday. A plus in Denim with the extra stereo option. Love it so far.

One thing that I found interesting. I had tried a few in the dealership and they all had the same amount of legroom. At 6'5", my right leg would hit the bottom of the front console and was annoying. I almost moved on to a Honda Fit because of that. Then I tried one more Soul. This last one had the seat go back further than all the others, with my leg now set back a good couple inches from the console. Don't know why, but I bought that one!!! Surprised the dealer too!

·
Registered
39 Posts
My Titanium SOUL! will have the most leg room found in any Soul!
Two 1/4 steel plates 14"Lng, by 3"Wd, with bolt holes offset Back by 2" puts my Seat Back to the max...Removed rear seat headrest to make room when folded down, Considering removeing rear seat, & recarpet cargo area.
Made seat plates like this for my 74 Dodge, 109 short whl base, Boogie Van
Oh yea, By the way, I'm 7' tall.
Pictures next upload........."TR*KN & F*CKN"...................What We Did!

·
Registered
1 Posts
O SOl MAN, glad to hear someone moved the seat back successfully. I am 6'10" and would love a few more inches. I attempted to move the seat back but had issues with the bolts interfering with the sliding rails. Can you post pictures or send me pictures of your modification. I am going on a long road trip soon and would like the extra leg room. Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Wow someone taller then my hubby. He is 6'9" and fits fine in the soul (passanger side of coarse). In his old cutlass he put a custom seat to move it back and lower it. I am sure it could be done on the Soul.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My family of four took my Soul on vacation last year. My daughter's are 6'2" and 5'10" and they were in the back and I am 6'1" and I sat in front. I removed the foam dividers and deck panel in back so there was more room for luggage. Oh, I didn't mention that the trip was 11 hrs long. I had no issues with leg room at all. It was wonderfull for the trip!

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
You know, I just went back and read the title for the original post - so why didn't anyone express surprise to learn one of our members has an extra leg ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts