Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am thinking of getting the sun vents / visors.
Pros I can leave windows cracked a bit, block sun.
I am concerned about the visibility...the other is will there be a lot of wind noise added?
The OEM are a bit bulky looking. All the ones (both oem and non oem.) I look at attach with tape and not clip on,
...if I ever wanted to put carbon fiber pillars will the visor/vents have to be removed?

Thanks...

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
I have been using them for years and on many different cars. I would not have a car without them. But I drive with the window cracked all the time, even in winter. On this car I have the OEM ones. The Fronts attached only to the window frame, not the B pillars but the rears do and they would be in the way so you would have to remove them or modify the appliques for the B pillars. They do change the noise but I don't believe that it is any more than would have been there without them. As far as after market ones go, usually the in channel attachment ones come later. My experience before with these cars was the that in channel ones did not show up on the market until much later in the year, perhaps August or so.

The OEMs use clips and tape, don't know how well they would do with only the clips being used.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Our 2011 ones didn't increase noise levels..........mind you, we have the music cranked, so half the stuff people complain about we never hear :distrust:

They are fabulous in the rain. Crack the window an inch and enjoy fresh air without getting a wet arm. Of course, in CA you have torrential rain all the time right? Or is it the aircraft dumping on the wildfires? And like you said, you can park the car with the windows down a little bit which stops heat build-up, plus nobody can really notice that your windows are not fully closed. Our's are in-channel Weathertechs that came from CARiD, a site Sponsor.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
here's mine, bought them from my dealer. They stick on, can't say I notice anything different in noise. I like the fact that when parked you can leave your windows open a bit and don't have to go running out to close them again if you get a sudden shower, also its great to help dissipate some of the heat in summer when parked. Also helps in fog prevention on the inside of the vehicle as you can leave the windows open a bit in heavy rain and not worry about rain getting in. Had them on my last two Kia's and find them a very worthwhile accessory.
Never notice on visibility problem, they are heavy tinted but you can still see through them, but then I generally don't look through the top edge of a window anyway - there's plenty of glass on the rest of the window. :sneakiness:

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,100 Posts
Mine are a little different, got clips and tape. I've had them on my all different vehicles over the years.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using the AutoGuide App.

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have the OEM ones and I really don't like them. They make a weird noise kinda like if you take a baking sheet and swing it up and down like a fan. I don't know how else to describe it lol. But I'd rather deal with the noise and turn up my music than struggling to take them off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
A lot of people experience that noise even without visors. If I have the drivers side window open, I've found that opening one of the rear windows a little helps.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Really? Good to know. I thought it was from the visors. I guess that changes my opinion on them lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Like to know it that cures the flapping sound.... Like the more streamline look of conwelpic's. OEM look rather bulking.

Where I live we have a few 4 lane intersections so have to look far left & right for pedestrians...my Hyundai Tucson front 'pillars' (right term??) along with the sideview mirrors hampered by vision...so many times I would not see a person being blinded by them...a close call was a major decision in unloading the Tucson. So I am concerned about the smoke being a bit dark and getting more obscure with age. My Mazda vents were not opaque when I went to sell it so took them off.

Thanks for replies...still debating. (If they clamped on I could take them off easily...so just may wait...)

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
I had the stick on ones on my previous Kia for 4 years and no problem, hence the reason I went with the sick-on's for the Soul. You can still remove them, just takes a bit more work to clean up the residue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine are dealer installed. Clips
I find no excess noise, love the open window in the rain. My fronts are tinted, so I get the privacy and rain shield as well.

The only con:

A drive thru window food order. Sometimes the bag is bigger than the opening of the window.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts