Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not know what you want to call it but i'm wondering if anyone knows where I could buy a piece that is lie the Ublong two bolt connector for the exhaust?.......i want to make my own but be able to just bolt unbolt stock to mod and vice versa...thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
same set up i had on my focus.....glasspack...but with a pipe going thru...so a straight thru exhaust.....that with a short ram intake on my focus made it sound like a really beefed up V-6 if not a lil like an V-8 which is wha I like not a ricer lol

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Thats what i did with mine . I had a new system made , and put a flange on it so it can be swapped from mod to stock .... heres the thread of my magnaflow I had made , and I have since put the same exhaust tip on my stock muffler that I have on my magnaflow , since it has gotten colder , I am running the stock muffler because I have my windows up alot . http://www.kiasoulforums.com/showthread.php?t=3069

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
What does the temperature have to do with the choice of muffler?
When its warm enough out for me to have my windows down (( I don't run the A/C )) I would rather have the Magnaflow on , because I am not concerned with interior noise , when I have the windows down obviously . When It's cold out and I have the windows up , I would rather have a quiet ride , and no exhaust noise in the back ground .

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
i saw that thread.....where did you get the flange from for your new system?...is it a common part from a local shop? or is it a KIA Hyundia mitsu parT?
Just a universal flange the muffler shop had , looks just like the one on the stock muffler , and there is a gasket between the two .

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hey went to mechanics today to get my hitch installed. He had a metal flange for a customers crotch rocket bike LOL amazingly it is the same size flange as the soul LOL. so we used that and just took the muffler off and he has his own pip bender and put a semi str8t axle back on sounds alright :) little more power from the 2000-3500 mark and torque.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts