Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just bought a 2014 Soul + in Solar Yellow a couple of days ago (on the coldest day of the year LOL) and I'm really enjoying it so far! My wife always has the nice car with many bells and whistles (she has a 2014 Sorento now) and I usually have a newer...yet base car for back and forth to work. With two kids and activities, lugging their friends around...my base 2008 Hyundai Tiburon kind of reached the end of its usefulness.

Been a fan of the Soul for awhile but the redesign for 2014 made the car too appealing for me to pass up. Got the Audio package with navigation and have most of the features I have wanted for a while in my daily commuter...all packaged in a great (and much more useful) form factor.

The 8" navigation system now uses Android as it's base OS and I'm very much into phones and tablets (have a HTC Droid DNA, Nexus 7, iPad2 Google TV's throughout my house, etc.). Really want to find ways to mod the existing system to allow for side loading apps like YouTube, Netflex, Watch ESPN and HBO Go. Don't know if I can make that happen on my own but hoping as this system gets more adoption through Kia's lineup in 2015 that we will get some smart people working on it soon (if not already).

Look forward to talking with many of you on here!

Brian

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,100 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums!! :)

Reactions: UBRocked

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
welcome to the forum and congrats on the new set of wheels.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello and welcome, seems like lots of Ohio folks on the forum these days.
Is there a better place to be? ;). I must say though...Monday was the worst day to purchase a vechicle haha!

Congrats on the new ride. I must say that I'm a bit partial to that color as well.
I was actually indifferent to it when I bought it. I had two colors to choose from for the features I wanted and the Latte brown really didn't do anything for me personally so I went for the yellow cause I had never had one of those before and the color has really grown on me! Color was not the most important factor but it is sharp. The Red Zone edition would have been preferred but I wasn't going to fork out over $24K for it.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome - Ohio RULES!
Thanks! OH! :cool: (of course...BB team lost to Michigan State last night and the football team lost to Michigan State in the championship game...then lost to Clemson. Things have been better in Buckeye land LOL!

Photos or it didn't happen. ;)
Just a stock 2014 soul...but I should have taken a picture of the -11 temperature reading when I drove it off the lot LOL!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally took a couple of pictures this morning...she does look pretty with a little snow cover! :D

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Very nice pics - love the Solar! Cannot wait to see you around CBUS sometime.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks! Just don't honk if you see me...I'll have my radio turned up way to loud to hear you haha!!!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Thanks! Just don't honk if you see me...I'll have my radio turned up way to loud to hear you haha!!!

Me too! THis is the best stereo I have ever had.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Compared to what?
Take your pick :)

Me too! THis is the best stereo I have ever had.
True story! I love the Infinity sound system...it has not disappointed! Saw some people on here talking about replacing even the upgraded audio packages in older Souls. I wonder if this is an improvement over previous years or if they were just really expecting perfection coming out of the speakers??? I can only turn it up to about 35 and that is really loud to me and also very clear. No distortion, good bass...just a clean sounding system IMO.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts