Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Soul EX - Undercover Green
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, let me start with how ANNOYING the projector headlights are to find LED bulbs for. I'm sure the reflector headlights are much easier to work with but it was worth the trouble! Now my headlights and fogs match the color of my DRLs and I'm in love with the look! I know the color of the DRLs looks a little different that the headlights and the fogs in the pics but trust me, they look the same in real life. Forgive the dirty headlight lenses.

IMG_20201027_212750~2.jpg
IMG_20201027_212742.jpg

I have since fixed the strange beam pattern on the drivers side headlight.

·
Registered
2021 Soul EX. Sparkling Silver. Black/Gray interior.
55 Posts
Looks good! Congrats on the upgrade. I had to order two sets of bulbs before getting the correct LEDs for my headlights.

·
Registered
21 Inferno Soull EX
6 Posts
I’m a new member, and literally less than 24hr owner of a 21 ex. So I have a totally noob question, what is the best route to take to upgrade my headlights and fog lights to LED. I absolutely love the look.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m a new member, and literally less than 24hr owner of a 21 ex. So I have a totally noob question, what is the best route to take to upgrade my headlights and fog lights to LED. I absolutely love the look.
You've got a 21 EX and I'm pretty sure the projector lights were discontinued after 2020 so assuming you have the reflector type headlight, you'd need H13 bulbs for the headlight and 9006 bulbs for the fog lights.

·
Registered
21 Inferno Soull EX
6 Posts
You've got a 21 EX and I'm pretty sure the projector lights were discontinued after 2020 so assuming you have the reflector type headlight, you'd need H13 bulbs for the headlight and 9006 bulbs for the fog lights.
Yeah I believe you’re right. I have normal reflector type headlights now. I’ve been looking at upgrading the bulbs, thank you for letting me know the bulb numbers that actually work, as it seems there’s lots of conflicting information out there.
But I’m seriously considering upgrading to these OEM LED headlights
I’m also looking into converting to the OEM LED DRL
I know they are expensive, but I love the look of them.

Has anyone added the LED center light to a soul that didn’t have one stock? That’s another one I’m wanting to change out.
I’d also like to upgrade the taillights to the OEM LED with the fiber optics. But I’m starting with the front for now. Because obviously it’s going to be a pretty expensive upgrade.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I believe you’re right. I have normal reflector type headlights now. I’ve been looking at upgrading the bulbs, thank you for letting me know the bulb numbers that actually work, as it seems there’s lots of conflicting information out there.
But I’m seriously considering upgrading to these OEM LED headlights
I’m also looking into converting to the OEM LED DRL
I know they are expensive, but I love the look of them.

Has anyone added the LED center light to a soul that didn’t have one stock? That’s another one I’m wanting to change out.
I’d also like to upgrade the taillights to the OEM LED with the fiber optics. But I’m starting with the front for now. Because obviously it’s going to be a pretty expensive upgrade.
I'm completely on board with the OEM LED swap but I'm pretty sure non turbo cars have a different wiring harness so it wont just be plug and play. Also, on the turbo, the blinker/fog lights are on the bottom where our headlights are and the actual headlights are up where our DRL/blinkers are.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The OEM head lights on my '20 EX have such a distinct line across the top where the light ends is very annoying especially going up and down hills. Steep declines it's like there's no headlight at all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The OEM head lights on my '20 EX have such a distinct line across the top where the light ends is very annoying especially going up and down hills. Steep declines it's like there's no headlight at all.
I agree with you about that. The projector lights are pointed so low from factory that you can barely see more than a car link ahead of you. I hit more animals in 5 months than I've ever hit in all my years of driving cuz these lights are so bad. Fortunately though, I learned how to adjust the up/down positioning and got them to to shine an acceptable distance. I spoke about the adjustment process in my other discussion thread:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts