Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I have a 2009 Soul Samba and I've been pretty happy with it for the past four years or so. I've had a few gremlins but nothing I couldn't sort out myself, until now.
My EPS light came on and the car lost power steering midway through a roundabout, which certainly got my attention!
This happened once before (about 18 months ago) when I stopped, turned off the ignition, then restarted, problem gone.
However this time the power steering seems to have gone for good and before I consider throwing money at it, I would like to ask if anyone out there has had the same problem and how they solved it.
I've read all kinds of threads regarding steering column replacements and bills running into four figures. Does that sound about right?
Thanks
StewJ

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello All,
I have a 2009 Soul Samba and I've been pretty happy with it for the past four years or so. I've had a few gremlins but nothing I couldn't sort out myself, until now.
My EPS light came on and the car lost power steering midway through a roundabout, which certainly got my attention!
This happened once before (about 18 months ago) when I stopped, turned off the ignition, then restarted, problem gone.
However this time the power steering seems to have gone for good and before I consider throwing money at it, I would like to ask if anyone out there has had the same problem and how they solved it.
I've read all kinds of threads regarding steering column replacements and bills running into four figures. Does that sound about right?
Thanks
StewJ
I have a similar problem with my 2009 Soul. Intermittent failure of the power steering whilst driving and no fault found when scanned. I've also read plenty on the forums and it seems to come down to replacing the whole column because the Module is not available on it's own. At a crossroads now , do I keep it and repair it because it suits my needs well or do I trade it in . Both options mean plenty of $$$$$

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a similar problem with my 2009 Soul. Intermittent failure of the power steering whilst driving and no fault found when scanned. I've also read plenty on the forums and it seems to come down to replacing the whole column because the Module is not available on it's own. At a crossroads now , do I keep it and repair it because it suits my needs well or do I trade it in . Both options mean plenty of $$$$$
After getting the car checked over (no fault codes showing) and taking into consideration it's age and the cost of one or two other things that will need replacing in the not too distant future, I'm cutting my losses and got rid of it as a spares or repair vehicle. I basically scrapped it.
All up we're were well into four figure repair quotations and long lead times for replacement parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts