Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well that's a mouth full! I just had my first service check/oil change and it came with a software update. I really didn't notice anything different in steering response although I wasn't experiencing any steering issues in the first place. Here's the warranty work entry:

EPS DTC Judgement Logic Improvement Software Upgrade
462. SK3 EPS DTC JUDGEMENT LOGIC IMPROVEMENT
EPS DTC Judgement Logic
Improvement Software Upgrade 190131R0 0.3 N99 C99

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if this fix is related to the issue some drivers have reported of a vibration coming from the front left when coming out of autostart. If the autostart system has some logic that interacts with the electronic power steering, it would make sense.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder if this fix is related to the issue some drivers have reported of a vibration coming from the front left when coming out of autostart. If the autostart system has some logic that interacts with the electronic power steering, it would make sense.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well that settles it, I guess...
Sorry if my post seemed abrupt. This is a recall for something that affects power steering. The other seems to be related to the IGS and the brakes. According to our mechanic they haven't even figured out the cause yet. It's frustrating.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sorry if my post seemed abrupt. This is a recall for something that affects power steering. The other seems to be related to the IGS and the brakes. According to our mechanic they haven't even figured out the cause yet. It's frustrating.
my tech said he checked and there were no problems with mine and he did the firmware/software or whatever upgrade it. I did notice a buzz in my steering over time. Will have to listen to see if that is still happening or not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently had an issue where my 2020 DCT refused to shift, I wonder if this update would help.... it was really cold out. It just hung each gear until almost 5,000 rpms. Made me very uncomfortable, lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently had an issue where my 2020 DCT refused to shift, I wonder if this update would help.... it was really cold out. It just hung each gear until almost 5,000 rpms. Made me very uncomfortable, lol.
You're not alone in that. Happened to me once a month or so ago and hasn't happened again since then. I don't have any information other than that but glad to see its not just me. By the looks of it we have the same paint job, maybe that's the issue? /s

·
Registered
5 Posts
You're not alone in that. Happened to me once a month or so ago and hasn't happened again since then. I don't have any information other than that but glad to see its not just me. By the looks of it we have the same paint job, maybe that's the issue? /s
Yeah, it wasn't fun! Maybe it is the blue... :p

·
Registered
2020 Soul LX with 3 pedals!
33 Posts
Took my Soul in for a free 1000 mile breakin check. There was one software update, looks like the one yall have mentioned above, here is the tsb: EPS DTC TSB looks like it adds/ adjusts the DTC’s associated with the electronic power steering!

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,759 Posts
A great source to find out what these TSB & Service Campaign updates do is safercar.gov. Put in your Soul & year and look under "Manufacturers Communications." Select the related documents and there is the PDF from Kia with all details.

Check for Recalls: Vehicle, Car Seat, Tire, Equipment

My 2014 has 95 Manufacturers Communications to date.

·
Registered
2020 LX IVT
13 Posts
A great source to find out what these TSB & Service Campaign updates do is safercar gov. Put in your Soul & year and look under "Manufacturers Communications." Select the related documents and there is the PDF from Kia with all details.

My 2014 has 95 Manufacturers Communications to date.

This is a great resource... if I could access it. I went to safercar homepage, but find no links that seem related, now a place to enter my vehicle kind and year. the default search box at top of page yields a bunch of articles, but no "Manufacturers Communications". Can you provide a specific page address where we can enter our car data?

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,759 Posts
Click the link in my post above.

Click the VEHICLE tab.

Enter your year: 20xx Kia Soul

Press ENTER

The Manufacturers Communications are on the right side.

You're Welcome.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts