Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi can any one help i have a kia soul i am disabled so its leased this is my second disability vechile i was on the way on holiday in december for xmas and whilst driving to our destination our car cut out and completely lost power.
there was no noise to indicate a problem and neither any lights that came up on the dash board the car was over due to have a service i have now been informed but i am being asked to pay a sum of four thousand five hundred pounds to get the engine reniewed, i am on benefits at this present moment and feel i am being backed into a corner totally if i do not complie with what they propose i will be found in breach of my lease with motability. there have been two opinions on the reason that the engine broke down firstly it was said that the oil was totally dry and that through no service which was a couple of months over and through no fault of my own and the next was that there was oil in the car but that it was very very thin totally controversial diffrent diagnosis and no questions answeared as to why the car did not show that there was no oil or it needed changing, i must stress thst through this we have already lost our holiday which took three years to save up four and my poor kiddies suffered this, surely we are not to blame there must be a manufacturing fault here we are talking about a year old vechile can any on help from clare clucks x

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
how far over due was the service? there is leeway on when a car should be given attention. Are you in the UK? The UK cars arent due a first service until they are a year old or 12500 miles for the Diesel and 12000 for the petrol i think. If you are UK, you will be better off voicing your complaint on the UK forum. Lots of very experienced motability users on there.

Kia Soul - Kia Owners Club Forums - Page 1

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
please tell us the make of car, the model, the engine type, year of mfr, year of purchase/lease, and mileage - and, what has happened to the vehicle since the breakdown and what professionals have inspected it and what their inspection has revealed -

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi Clare,

Before we moved to the US my wife had several cars through the motability scheme in the UK, it really is a great deal for those who are disabled. For those in the US who aren't aware of this scheme. Basically a disabled persons monthly benefit goes straight to motability instead of the individual. In return you can get a brand new car every 3 years and all repairs, servicing and even car insurance is paid for. You only pay if you go over 60k miles in the 3 year lease. At the end of three years you hand the car back and you get another new car.

Clare i hope you get this resolved, if your motability rep at the garage isn't being helpful go over his head and call motability direct. It does seem to be a very harsh stance they are taking.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Yes its an english postcode. And she has posted the same story on the UK forum - so lets see if we can get to the bottom of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts