Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
However, for the first time the other day, I was stopped at an incline. The incline was steep enough where the car would roll back if I took my foot off the brakes. As soon as I took my foot off the brake to push gas, the sound happened again. Loud as hell and annoying as I remember it. So now I really truly believe it has nothing to do with the auto stop but with the brakes.
I think you are right about it being something with the brakes themselves. On top of the ISG being noisy, now mine is occasionally doing it when I put the car into reverse while on a very slight incline. I back into my parking spot at work every day, and it does it at least twice a week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So glad I found this forum! My 2020 GT-line started with the auto start grinding and then noticed it just went away on its own. Now I’ve realized it stopped because the auto stop isn’t even working anymore and the dashboard light is yellow instead of green. My wife thinks I should just let it go since she hates auto-stop lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think you are right about it being something with the brakes themselves. On top of the ISG being noisy, now mine is occasionally doing it when I put the car into reverse while on a very slight incline. I back into my parking spot at work every day, and it does it at least twice a week.
So glad I found this forum! My 2020 GT-line started with the auto start grinding and then noticed it just went away on its own. Now I’ve realized it stopped because the auto stop isn’t even working anymore and the dashboard light is yellow instead of green. My wife thinks I should just let it go since she hates auto-stop lol

I love my Kia. But I don’t feel safe driving it anymore. I don’t get how Kia has not figured it out.

·
Registered
16 Posts

You paid for it to work. I would let it if it was a small issue. But sadly even when you turn off the auto stop, it’s still does it at an incline.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You paid for it to work. I would let it if it was a small issue. But sadly even when you turn off the auto stop, it’s still does it at an incline.
Sorry, one more thing. If it’s yellow, it might very well mean just that your car is not warm enough yet to turn off or you have your AC on where it needs the power to keep it running. It won’t turn off if you have your AC running and it needs the power to fuel the AC.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry, one more thing. If it’s yellow, it might very well mean just that your car is not warm enough yet to turn off or you have your AC on where it needs the power to keep it running. It won’t turn off if you have your AC running and it needs the power to fuel the AC.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all!
New to this forum. I think I have something interesting to add. I haven’t read all the replies, but has anyone had their 2020 Soul stall, while idling, after turning the AC on?

141 - 149 of 149 Posts