Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

121 - 140 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sadly it works great for a while (About a month or so depending on how much you drive). And right when you think “thank God it’s gone” it comes back. They did everything that you showed on your slip the first time. They keep trying. Kia has no idea what the problem is so they’re just trying to fix anything

·
Registered
16 Posts
An update to the saga...

Took ours in for 1st service at 5,000 miles and reported the issue. Got the brush off saying can’t duplicate the issue.

Brought it back in this week for PDR repair on a door ding and reported it again. This time they could duplicate it. Bled the brakes and it is back to functioning as designed

They did say they opened a “tech line case” due to the issue not being able to be duplicated in the shop. Hope this can help someone else.

Will see if the fix lasts, sounds like it didn’t for others. Here are the notes from the invoice. Our state has a lemon law that requires 4 visits for the same issue. We are halfway there at this point...

View attachment 133889
An update to the saga...

Took ours in for 1st service at 5,000 miles and reported the issue. Got the brush off saying can’t duplicate the issue.

Brought it back in this week for PDR repair on a door ding and reported it again. This time they could duplicate it. Bled the brakes and it is back to functioning as designed

They did say they opened a “tech line case” due to the issue not being able to be duplicated in the shop. Hope this can help someone else.

Will see if the fix lasts, sounds like it didn’t for others. Here are the notes from the invoice. Our state has a lemon law that requires 4 visits for the same issue. We are halfway there at this point...

View attachment 133889
Sadly it works great for a while (About a month or so depending on how much you drive). And right when you think “thank God it’s gone” it comes back. They did everything that you showed on your slip the first time. They keep trying. Kia has no idea what the problem is so they’re just trying to fix anything

·
Registered
53 Posts
man , I really hate this apparent fuel saving measure . I ended up leasing a new crv but it also has the ASG system that I try my best to turn off before leaving driveway . I drive an 8 km highway stretch before hitting a stop sign for a left turn on to another highway and I'm stopped for literally 2-3 seconds just to look both ways and the engine shuts off and engages . How much fuel did I just save with that 2-3 second long engine shutdown / restart .

anyways , hopefully kia figures out your issues related to this feature .

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm starting to wonder if more pressure needs to be put on them to resolve the issue. They can't just throw their hands up in the air and claim ignorance on the issue. We (my wife and I) are ONE YEAR into having this issue. She called the dealership last month on our year anniversary (May 31) and they said the manager would call us back. We never got called back. At this point I'm wondering if some sort of legal pressure is warranted, especially when hearing things like the person that called corporate and was told it's the first time they've heard of the issue. NOT ACCEPTABLE! /rant

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an update on our situation with this problem. Our dealership has a new manager, and he wanted to hear it happen. They rode around the block and stopped a dozen times and the stupid thing never did it once. So frustrating. I rarely drive the car, but I took it to the store last week and it did it to me because I always forget to hit the button. The wife always hits it now. Anyway, they assured her they will continue to watch for recalls, and told her if it happens again bring it right in so they can hear/see it happen. But it's crazy. The old manager and several techs all heard it already. And we have a call in to corporate, who says they are also going to call us back.

Anyone out there still having this problem? Anyone dealt with corporate on this issue? After a year, I want my wife to have peace of mind. It's why we bought a new car in the first place.

·
Registered
979 Posts
njkiasoul2020

Given your situation, I'd recommend looking into your lemon law options. While it varies by state, often it takes 3 different service visits (within an 18-month period) for the same problem being unresolved (regardless of whether they "identify" it). Pretty straightforward and while tedious, relatively easy if you approach it methodically.

Given my experiences, I've given up on giving companies "another chance" when you've already exhausted reasonable attempts.

Greg

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
A man went to his doctor and said "doc, when I lift my arm up like this, (raising his left arm) it hurts like heck".
The doctor said, "then, don't raise it like that!"

Forgive me if I've said this before, but I did ask my dealer if the feature to turn off the engine when the car stops at a stop light, could be permanently disabled. His terse response was "NO!".
With a little experimenting, I found out that if the Disable button is IN all the time, that feature is permanently disabled. That fix was actually ridiculously simple.

For the lack of something more decorative, I used the corner off of a pocket notebook, jammed in next to the switch to hold it in. End of Problem! One gentleman reported that he used a toothpick.
Alas, the Anti Skid Control button won't work that way.

Y'all have a great 4th of July

:cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have been dealing with this for 8 months. My wife got involved today and the Service Manager said KIA is saying it's normal.

·
Registered
979 Posts
We have been dealing with this for 8 months. My wife got involved today and the Service Manager said KIA is saying it's normal.
That's easy to substantiate or refute. Choose 3 new identical Kias on their lot and test-drive each one with the service manager. If all do it, you might be willing to accept that diagnosis. If none do it, then have it fixed, or lemon it. Period.

Greg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine started making the grinding with ISG noise at 1000 miles. At least the CVT still works, right? (Knock on wood). Wish there were a real, permanent OEM fix. I may just try doing what FLHamster did.

Question: I also have noticed (sometimes) the same (or at least similar) grinding noise if I back the Soul in REVERSE for a few feet, and the put the Soul forward into DRIVE. Anyone else here it then?

·
Registered
16 Posts
OK guys. So I’ve had this problem for a year now and I already got a settlement from Kia. I decided to keep the car. I have the auto start feature turned off. However, for the first time the other day, I was stopped at an incline. The incline was steep enough where the car would roll back if I took my foot off the brakes. As soon as I took my foot off the brake to push gas, the sound happened again. Loud as hell and annoying as I remember it. So now I really truly believe it has nothing to do with the auto stop but with the brakes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
OK guys. So I’ve had this problem for a year now and I already got a settlement from Kia. I decided to keep the car. I have the auto start feature turned off. However, for the first time the other day, I was stopped at an incline. The incline was steep enough where the car would roll back if I took my foot off the brakes. As soon as I took my foot off the brake to push gas, the sound happened again. Loud as hell and annoying as I remember it. So now I really truly believe it has nothing to do with the auto stop but with the brakes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
what do you mean "got a settlement" ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
what do you mean "got a settlement" ?
I had taken the car in to Kia on three different occasions and qualified under lemon law. Didn’t need an attorney or anything. Their customer service was actually really good. I qualified because I was placed out of my car for over two months and took the car in 4 times for the same reason . If you call them they will make a claim for you and set up paperwork and if you qualify, they will make you a settlement offer.

·
Registered
2014 Soul+ Bright Silver (Sterling Soul)
821 Posts
I had taken the car in to Kia on three different occasions and qualified under lemon law. Didn’t need an attorney or anything. Their customer service was actually really good. I qualified because I was placed out of my car for over two months and took the car in 4 times for the same reason . If you call them they will make a claim for you and set up paperwork and if you qualify, they will make you a settlement offer.

Great to hear that Kia is taking care of you!
What state are you in? I understand that lemon laws vary by state, so maybe your's is strict with dealerships?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great to hear that Kia is taking care of you!
What state are you in? I understand that lemon laws vary by state, so maybe your's is strict with dealerships?
I’m in Cali. I had to call corporate. It took almost a month to be able to open a claim and another to have someone in claims contact me. They basically offer to buy the car back less the miles or switch out the car for you, less the miles. So they deduct money for the miles you drive.
I felt okay taking their settlement because the car then only did it when the car would restart after it shuts off So I just turned the feature off . But now, it does it on hills.
It is what it is.I love the car but it just has a problem that we all hope doesn’t cause others.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi. I have had my 2020 Kia Soul into dealer twice for the grinding noise. All they did was bleed brakes. Now 2000 miles later it’s doing it again. We have a 3 visit lemon law. Would you mind emailing me and telling me how you got a settlement and how you got to keep the car too. [email protected]. Thank you

·
Registered
16 Posts
i don’t have it handy, but ask the dealer or maybe google corporate number for Kia. Let them know you want to make a claim and that you “are sick of this mess and want a new car.” It’s honestly all I did and it took a few months to have someone even call back.
I kept my car because it was one of the options. They give you options to choose given your specific situation.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been getting that horrible noise when the kia comes out of auto stop. I called my dealer last week, explained what was going on and was told to bring it in (which I did yesterday.)

The funny thing is when I pulled into the garage they had no idea why I was even there. I was asked "Are you getting a oil change?" Ummm no...I called the service department last week and explained what was happening. You should have all the information. Long story short - they said I'm due for a oil change (even though the sticker they placed on the windshield last time indicates I'm not due to 8k - I'm around 5900 or so.)
They then said there's no charge for the oil change. After 2 + hrs there they told me they can get a uber to bring me home.

Fine. I get home and receive a call from them saying they "think" it's a strut tower assembly thingy ahhh the parts cannon fires! I'll pick up the Kia today and we'll see/hear what's what.

121 - 140 of 154 Posts