Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sadly it works great for a while (About a month or so depending on how much you drive). And right when you think “thank God it’s gone” it comes back. They did everything that you showed on your slip the first time. They keep trying. Kia has no idea what the problem is so they’re just trying to fix anything

·
Registered
6 Posts
An update to the saga...

Took ours in for 1st service at 5,000 miles and reported the issue. Got the brush off saying can’t duplicate the issue.

Brought it back in this week for PDR repair on a door ding and reported it again. This time they could duplicate it. Bled the brakes and it is back to functioning as designed

They did say they opened a “tech line case” due to the issue not being able to be duplicated in the shop. Hope this can help someone else.

Will see if the fix lasts, sounds like it didn’t for others. Here are the notes from the invoice. Our state has a lemon law that requires 4 visits for the same issue. We are halfway there at this point...

View attachment 133889
An update to the saga...

Took ours in for 1st service at 5,000 miles and reported the issue. Got the brush off saying can’t duplicate the issue.

Brought it back in this week for PDR repair on a door ding and reported it again. This time they could duplicate it. Bled the brakes and it is back to functioning as designed

They did say they opened a “tech line case” due to the issue not being able to be duplicated in the shop. Hope this can help someone else.

Will see if the fix lasts, sounds like it didn’t for others. Here are the notes from the invoice. Our state has a lemon law that requires 4 visits for the same issue. We are halfway there at this point...

View attachment 133889
Sadly it works great for a while (About a month or so depending on how much you drive). And right when you think “thank God it’s gone” it comes back. They did everything that you showed on your slip the first time. They keep trying. Kia has no idea what the problem is so they’re just trying to fix anything

·
Registered
53 Posts
man , I really hate this apparent fuel saving measure . I ended up leasing a new crv but it also has the ASG system that I try my best to turn off before leaving driveway . I drive an 8 km highway stretch before hitting a stop sign for a left turn on to another highway and I'm stopped for literally 2-3 seconds just to look both ways and the engine shuts off and engages . How much fuel did I just save with that 2-3 second long engine shutdown / restart .

anyways , hopefully kia figures out your issues related to this feature .

121 - 124 of 124 Posts