Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Make sure you call Kia customer assistance at (800) 333-4542. You will probably only get a case number, but every little bit helps. Also you might want to enter your info into the ISG Failure Tracking Log posted by Daily Grind up above.

·
Registered
2020 GT Line Turbo
4 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has this issue with the GT Line Turbo? It may be that the DCT is in neutral when the engine restarts so there's no issue, I certainly haven't experienced any problems although I do find ISG to be rediculous (it needs a longer delay or something).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Owner of a kia soul 2020 ex since october 2019. Just coming up on 4500 miles and my stop go feature has started doing this grinding on release of the brake pedal when isg is active. Happens everytime. Due for a service shortly so sounds like it'll be going in for a repair. Not optimistic on the chances of success based on what I reading here. :(

Safe or not, I'm not wild about a feature or functioning as it is supposed to.

Kind of wish I kept my 2012 kia. 150000 miles and not one fault. Seems the new one has too many fancy features just waiting to go wrong. :-/

·
Registered
12 Posts
Owner of a kia soul 2020 ex since october 2019. Just coming up on 4500 miles and my stop go feature has started doing this grinding on release of the brake pedal when isg is active. Happens everytime. Due for a service shortly so sounds like it'll be going in for a repair. Not optimistic on the chances of success based on what I reading here. :(

Safe or not, I'm not wild about a feature or functioning as it is supposed to.

Kind of wish I kept my 2012 kia. 150000 miles and not one fault. Seems the new one has too many fancy features just waiting to go wrong. :-/
Your situation is very similar to mine--2020 Soul bought Aug, 2019, started making the noise at around 5000 miles. They cleaned and readjusted the brakes for me, said they couldn't do anything else because of no guidance from Kia. At least they didn't insist on hanging on to my car for a long time as others here have reported. But, things could get better for you, if your car follows my car's trajectory. Now, still under 6000 mi, the noise only occurs about 1/2 the time, or less than half, and the sound is less loud than it used to be (at least so it seems to me--that's kind of subjective without a decibel meter, and it could be I'm becoming numb to it). I find it is most likely to produce the ugly sound if you are stopped on an incline. Anyway, I'm hoping that further maturing of the vehicle will have the noise going away completely--it's all I can do since there is no fix from Kia. You do realize you can turn the feature off by pressing the ISG button? Where I live, there are so many long red lights that savings in gas is worth the annoyance, as long as it doesn't get any worse!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone ? guess why I’m here...

That’s right! We traded in our 2015 base SOUL for a snazzy 2020 Kia Soul GT Line with the pearl white paint!

In under 30 days some ******* put a giant notch in the fender with a door; despite having a blemish free SOUL for 5 years prior...anyway...

I will say I wasn’t a fan of the ISG from the get go. Takes forever to restart IMO. Disabling with the button only works for some time. It has turned itself back on after driving at freeway speeds. Not used to a vehicle just dying when stopping at the bottom of an off ramp.

After the groan noise appeared I thought maybe it’s mad we turn it off all the time, tried driving with it on and discovered bringing the brake part way up without fully releasing would allow the engine to restart and still leave the light in a reasonable amount of time. Sometimes this reduces the groaning but not all the time.

Have to wonder if the people with no issues have a different programming or are just slower getting to the gas?

Anyway have been apprehensive just thinking about trying to take it in for this. Looks like we should. Will see if we get a parts cannon approach or the we don’t know what to tell you option.

Here is a video my wife (the primary driver) recorded of the noise, curious if it sounds similar in your vehicles...

·
Registered
1 Posts
So sad - Just bought my First Soul 2020 which had 4500 mi on it. This problem didn’t happen until it had been driven for about 15 minutes. Deeply disappointed but glad to find this forum and will have to take it back tomorrow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Will they let you cancel the purchase? Or are you returning it to have them "fix" the problem? (they can't, you know)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everybody! I got my new Kia Soul (third vehicle since I really like this car) in Dec. 2020 and it started making this exact noise a little while ago. I'm actually kinda glad it seems to be a common problem since I hope there'll be a reliable fix or other solution coming. Haven't been to the dealership yet, will call them either tomorrow or next week.

·
Registered
53 Posts
thats not cool if the asg feature turns itself back on at some point after turning it off when starting the vehicle .I'm really starting to zone in on my next vehicle choice and the Soul is still up there for me but this crap + the tranny failures .....gheez

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am having literally the same issues and they fixed the same exact modules as you and they bled the system a few times. My story is yours. Mileage and all! Have you tried talking to corporate?
after 2 months the problem is back, im not taking it back to dealer tho. they had my car for a month last time. they obviously dont know what it is. ill wait for a recall to come out

·
Registered
6 Posts
I called Kia and made a claim and they said I was the first to ever have this complaint and that they have no idea what it is. Yea right! How can they say that when I see plenty of others have the same exact complaint and who called as well. I just hope it’s not ruining any other parts. Any car knowledgeable people here ?? Do we know if it can cause other problems if we keep driving it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I called Kia and made a claim and they said I was the first to ever have this complaint and that they have no idea what it is. Yea right! How can they say that when I see plenty of others have the same exact complaint and who called as well. I just hope it’s not ruining any other parts. Any car knowledgeable people here ?? Do we know if it can cause other problems if we keep driving it?
Is this the number you called-- (800) 333-4542? I called a couple months ago and got a case number.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is this the number you called-- (800) 333-4542? I called a couple months ago and got a case number.
To be honest, not sure the number. My rep was calling from a 949 number. Just surprised that my claims rep literally said they have no other complaints with this issue.

·
Registered
53 Posts
theres a concentrated amount of Soul owners here so your around the variety of issues surrounding the vehicle at a higher degree than your local jurisdiction .

for example , I did some back and forth with a honda salesman lately because my lease is up and he's telling me theres been NO reports of any 2017-2020 CRV's that he's sold having the highly reported oil dilution problem many CRV owners have been experiencing .Obviously he could be blowing smoke up my ass .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Add me to the list as well. 2020 GT Line Non-turbo. Just about 4000 miles on it. Same sound, same location. I'll see if my guys can figure it out.

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
557 Posts
Add me to the list as well. 2020 GT Line Non-turbo. Just about 4000 miles on it. Same sound, same location. I'll see if my guys can figure it out.
Hey Ecto1,
Welcome to the grind.

·
Registered
9 Posts
UPDATE: They did a break line bleed on both sides and it's gone away. I think that helped the OP as well but then it came back so I'll keep my ears open for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
An update to the saga...

Took ours in for 1st service at 5,000 miles and reported the issue. Got the brush off saying can’t duplicate the issue.

Brought it back in this week for PDR repair on a door ding and reported it again. This time they could duplicate it. Bled the brakes and it is back to functioning as designed

They did say they opened a “tech line case” due to the issue not being able to be duplicated in the shop. Hope this can help someone else.

Will see if the fix lasts, sounds like it didn’t for others. Here are the notes from the invoice. Our state has a lemon law that requires 4 visits for the same issue. We are halfway there at this point...

855D7DCB-5A21-4889-AEDF-6B6B80FADE86.jpeg

101 - 120 of 124 Posts