Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2014+

Not sure what to title this, but when changing my oil&filter this morning, noticed a grey 3/4" wide x 3/8" thick foam snake (at least 2 ft. long) dangling through the oil filter plastic "portal" hatch. With the undercowling obscuring everything, don't know what the foam thingy does other than maybe serve as a "dampener" for underneath the radiator??? For anyone doing their own servicing, take a peek to ensure yours is not misbehaving similarly.

I'll have mine checked formally/eventually when I take the car back for the gas pedal recall, but who knows when...

Greg

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,524 Posts
Thanks Grege, I'll keep an eye out for that foamy snake. I guess that's another good thing about the under cover on Gen 2, it saves the evidence of things that fall off or drip.

·
Registered
489 Posts
There is a long piece of foam that is under the radiator. I had mine come half off since its just double sided tape holding it. Its to keep garbage from passing under the radiator and onto that cover. I tucked it back under the radiator but it didnt stay so I just tore the piece off that was hanging. It's an idea that is not working for Kia looks like and I see i'm not the only one now. I noticed mine sticking out towards the engine when I was looking down at the radiator one day.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Grege, I'll keep an eye out for that foamy snake. I guess that's another good thing about the under cover on Gen 2, it saves the evidence of things that fall off or drip.
Lol
I tend to like seeing what's going on underneath (drips etc) but not knowing does provide some degree of bliss.
Greg

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,100 Posts
If I had a new Soul with that plastic cover, once removed it would go into storage. ??

Reactions: FL Soul and GeoSoul

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,524 Posts
Lol
I tend to like seeing what's going on underneath (drips etc) but not knowing does provide some degree of bliss.
Greg
I hear ya grege....da'Nile is more than just a river in Eqypt :)

·
Registered
546 Posts
So who has removed that unnecessary plastic shield already LOL?
A large bit of the plastic undershielding and some of the plastic inner fenders were unintentionally removed from my 2011 when I hit a patch of deep snow and buried the car 3 years ago. Didn't notice it was gone until I had to change the oil.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts