Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there was a thread that was already started for this, but it seems that the OP does not want to continue it. SOOOOO.....here we go. I am a Volunteer Fire Fighter here in Texas, as well as a Volunteer Medic. Not to mention an Avid Storm Chaser/Spotter. So, I have been looking into outfitting my little Soul with some emergency lighting options. I already have ideas in place and as the project comes together, I will be updating this thread. I already have some on the lighting in. It is a bit messy, but it works for the intended purpose. I just recently added a mini lightbar that MANY have stated if the lightbar comes stock with the vehicle. So, that being said, I beg your patience while I get this project together. It seems the three biggest drawbacks right now is, in order of importance,
1)Where the best spot in the firewall between cabin and engine area is to drill through to run wire.
2)Where the best spot to possibly store and additional battery for added power supply, and
3)Where would the best place to be to install a switch box.
As said, I have a very crude setup right now, and if enough interest is shown, I will post pics of the install and results, with a possible video of what lights I have right now, both in night and in daytime settings. So, any ideas on the above mentioned three items would be GREATLY appreciated!

·
Registered
546 Posts
IMG_20130412_081829.jpg

Right in the center of this pic is an area where on the back side is a removable plug in the insulation, this is where i intend to run a 2/0 welding cable through a gromet for my amplifier, seems to me to be the best place on the entire firewall, from the inside you will see that this is probably where the clutch goes through on a M/T soul, so if you have the manual trans, this wont work for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. I do have a A/T Soul, thankfully enough. Wouldnt be able to handle the laptop in the Soul if I had a M/T. I will keep an eye out for that. Thanks again, for that might just take care of Item #1.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts