Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I frequently find myself driving my 2012 Soul with the emergency brake on. Am I supposed to be hearing a warning beep when this happens? The panel light always comes on, but it's not very visible.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
there is no beep, just the light - you should also be checking your dash lights go out before you pull away, also doesn't the vehicle feel like its dragging, but if you've done it frequently your emergency brake may not be holding the same as before and may need adjustment to tighten it up.

It does not take much pull on it to active the dash light, so it may no be dragging much. I always have the habit of always making sure my emergency brake is disengaged whenever I pull away.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Pay attention to your dash lights! The parking brake never had a chime in any car I know of.

Reactions: Buzz

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
It's very easy to forget your Parking brake especially if you don't use it all the time in an automatic vehicle. If you are this kind of forgetful person it's best to get into a sort of "pre-flight" check list before pulling away.

Seat belt on.
Car in gear.
Parking brake OFF.
Check mirror.
Signal (if appropriate).
Drive away.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I know I'm considered the Big Dummy in the room, so I have to ask, "why are you setting your emergency brake"???

Unless you're parking on a very steep slope, the "Park" on an automatic (you don't tell us anything about your car whether AT or MT) will hold the car in place,
or on a Manual Transmission, always park in Reverse, it's the lowest gear in the transmission.

I almost NEVER use my Emergency Brake but when I do, I set it tight enough that the car will not move with it on.
Just sayin'......

:cool:

Reactions: DaHarder
1 - 5 of 5 Posts