Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at a new shopping centre the other day and forgot where I parked the car. Ended up having to push the alarm button to find it. Felt like an idiot as I have never done that before. Made me think though that it would be neat if Kia used a button on the remote to have what I call the shark fin antenna flash so you could see it rather than turn on the alarm.

·
Super Moderator
7,737 Posts
Yup done the same thing before..... :confused:

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
That's a great idea to make the shark fin antenna flash! I'm thinking you need to make a visit to Shark Tank :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I embarrass myself on a daily basis...

As for losing a car, happens. My old 4runner had happy face'd Daylighters on the roof. Could spot it a mile away with the bright yellow circles!

·
Registered
14,773 Posts
due to the colour of ours we have no problem spotting it in a parking lot, also it is taller than many vehicles too.

·
Registered
254 Posts
While I haven't had to use assistance I have on occasion had to pause and deliberately look. My Bluetooth headset offers an app and one of the features is a gps marker of the location of last disconnect. Sounds similar to zerogee's car finder.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Some auto insurance plans use a device plugged into the OBDII port. Mine measures mileage driven with it's built in GPS. Mobile app for device will tell me the location of my of my car, plus fuel level and if any engine codes have tripped. I have actually developed the habit of checking it in the morning, with a cup of coffee, to see if my car is still there (city living & street parking).
Worst experience I have had looking for my parked car was in a multi-level parking garage for a major hospital, built 80+ yrs. ago. No GPS, Honking the horn resulted in echoes from all directions followed by the screeching of hard breaking tires. I gave the honking up & continued my search on foot. I did find it , not sure what level I was on by then.

·
Registered
446 Posts
How does that work zero? Sounds cool!

Thanks.
Just go... "Hey Google... Remember where I parked my car." Before you leave the car.

To find the car...
"Hey Google... Where did I park the car?"
Google then shows you on Google Maps.

I have had Google give me an "You parked here last" card in the Google App under "Updates" too on occasion without doing any of the other things. But I never set it to do that I am not sure how /when that happened.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Just go... "Hey Google... Remember where I parked my car." Before you leave the car.

To find the car...

I have had Google give me an "You parked here last" card in the Google App under "Updates" too on occasion without doing any of the other things. But I never set it to do that I am not sure how /when that happened.
New one on me. Could be useful.
I just try to park in the same area of the parking lot at stores I go to regularly.
If a new store to me, pay attention! :sneaky:

·
Registered
5,890 Posts

To find the car...

That's really cool. Thanks zero. Can't wait to give it a try.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wow great advice for the google assistant feature...never heard of that and I would DEFINITELY use it. I’m that guy that takes pics of the nearest tall object or the parking lot section sign before leaving my car in a huge lot

1 - 20 of 21 Posts