Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

Registered
Kia Soul 2015 2.0 litre EX GDI Alien Green II Pearl ~56K km (35K miles) Michelin CrossClimate tires
There is a range of issues with "open" or "unlimited" editing spanning from trojaning in malicious edits....
Interesting. First time I have heard of that. Of course that begs the natural question: if trojaning in malicious edits is a problem 6 months from when the post was first written, why is it not a problem within 24 hours or similar of the post being written?

Are you telling you us that your security is that fragile? I see no evidence of that.

Please share some data such as the number of recent trojan attacks through editing. Or the annual frequency of successful trojan attacks through the edit function.

Presumably, the company you work for supports evidence based policy.

.... to some more forum sided things like losing the conversation flow with the loss of a post. ...
That strikes as an aesthetic concern. Once again, I have never, never stumbled across a similar concern elsewhere. Would you describe Kia Soul owners as aesthetically fragile and vulnerable? :)

Registered
though we can certainly work on our announcement set up so they display more prominently if ya want.

I for one would vote "yes" for a more prominent display of announcements from the admins, just so we know what's going on before or after changes or modifications are made. In all honesty, that Help link at the bottom of the page was probably the last place I would have looked for any announcements of changes since it's right next to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy legal mumbo-jumbo that no one visiting a website ever actively looks at, right? May I suggest adding a sticky, locked duplication of the Release Notes posted to the Community Help forum or... I'm just spit-balling here....maybe in the Announcements forum? 馃榿

Administrator
Interesting. First time I have heard of that. Of course that begs the natural question: if trojaning in malicious edits is a problem 6 months from when the post was first written, why is it not a problem within 24 hours or similar of the post being written?

Are you telling you us that your security is that fragile? I see no evidence of that.

Please share some data such as the number of recent trojan attacks through editing. Or the annual frequency of successful trojan attacks through the edit function.

Presumably, the company you work for supports evidence based policy.

That strikes as an aesthetic concern. Once again, I have never, never stumbled across a similar concern elsewhere. Would you describe Kia Soul owners as aesthetically fragile and vulnerable? :)
Access to those things are not going to be made publically available, some things you'll have to trust our techs and our analysis on. We've done more than a fair amount of testing and weighing the concerns. We ended with the initial editing window of 24 hours; however with time, (up to yesterday) we've also expanded that. This should indicate that we're continuing to reevaluate and strengthen our cyber security for y'all. Thanks for asking, apologies if that wasn't as transparent as you may have hoped.

I for one would vote "yes" for a more prominent display of announcements from the admins, just so we know what's going on before or after changes or modifications are made. In all honesty, that Help link at the bottom of the page was probably the last place I would have looked for any announcements of changes since it's right next to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy legal mumbo-jumbo that no one visiting a website ever actively looks at, right? May I suggest adding a sticky, locked duplication of the Release Notes posted to the Community Help forum or... I'm just spit-balling here....maybe in the Announcements forum? 馃榿
These are all great places. They aren't forum posts but automated messages from our software, but we'll look into finding a place for them. A second way to get there (if you want to avoid the Legal-ish links area) is by clicking FAQ under the menu in the top right (with the 3 vertical dots) that will net you to the same help area too!

-Gerrit

Registered
A second way to get there (if you want to avoid the Legal-ish links area) is by clicking FAQ under the menu in the top right (with the 3 vertical dots) that will net you to the same help area too!

Hi Gerrit,
Honestly I myself do not have a problem finding the release notes now that I know where they're posted! The issue I was presenting to you is how will the new or casual member know to look there? It's just not an obvious place to look and it's somewhat buried in the site. Also, unless we actively go to the Release Notes from time-to-time (how many users actually do this?) we'll never know whether you've made updates to the software or the UI. That is, until someone starts a new thread somewhere asking you "Hey, what happened to the edit link and report icon?" or something similar.

Thank you for considering to make us aware of changes by posting Release Notes in the Announcements forum or elsewhere. I only keep mentioning the Announcements forum because that seems like a logical place to "announce" changes to the site, right? 馃榿

Administrator
Hi Gerrit,
Honestly I myself do not have a problem finding the release notes now that I know where they're posted! The issue I was presenting to you is how will the new or casual member know to look there? It's just not an obvious place to look and it's somewhat buried in the site. Also, unless we actively go to the Release Notes from time-to-time (how many users actually do this?) we'll never know whether you've made updates to the software or the UI. That is, until someone starts a new thread somewhere asking you "Hey, what happened to the edit link and report icon?" or something similar.

Thank you for considering to make us aware of changes by posting Release Notes in the Announcements forum or elsewhere. I only keep mentioning the Announcements forum because that seems like a logical place to "announce" changes to the site, right? 馃榿
Starting this week there will be a weekly Pop Up to let users know about the release notes during our weekly updates in addition to the feature tour.

Jeff M

Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
Curious as to why members cannot edit posts after a certain amount of time?
Shaggy is correct. Changing of posts would upset the flow of information and change context, resulting in damage to the threads themselves.

- JB
Yes, I see, the time-space continuum will be warped irreparably.
If the Masters of the Universe had left well enough alone, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I find the new format several steps back. New and Improved, as Shakespeare often said.

Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
Yes, I see, the time-space continuum will be warped irreparably.
If the Masters of the Universe had left well enough alone, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I find the new format several steps back. New and Improved, as Shakespeare often said.
The quantum mechanics of "Thread Theory" are hard to understand or explain.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts