Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:I noticed the other day that there's a indicator light on my dash that reads "ECO".

It's never been on. I'm unsure of what its propose is. Anyone know?

Does the Soul have an ECONOMY MODE?:confused:

·
Registered
114 Posts
i think when its on, it means your driving economically or whatever?

when its off your pumpin the gas too much or something like that?

·
Registered
281 Posts
someone said in here you can actually turn it on. But that's all I know.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have had 2 Souls (#1 was purchased May 09 but was totaled in an accident in Jan 10). The first one had the indicator light but it was non-functional.
In #2 light does work. Using the trip button, after the second trip OD function it looks that you can turn the ECO indicator ON/OFF. I didnt have the function on Soul #1.
Hope that helps!
JoeKuul :cool:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have had 2 Souls (#1 was purchased May 09 but was totaled in an accident in Jan 10). The first one had the indicator light but it was non-functional.
In #2 light does work. Using the trip button, after the second trip OD function it looks that you can turn the ECO indicator ON/OFF. I didnt have the function on Soul #1.
Hope that helps!
JoeKuul :cool:
how bad was the accident that totaled your soul? i guess you came out unharmed?

·
Registered
20 Posts
:eek:I noticed the other day that there's a indicator light on my dash that reads "ECO".

It's never been on. I'm unsure of what its propose is. Anyone know?

Does the Soul have an ECONOMY MODE?:confused:
Like Sam Hein mentioned, the ECO light comes on when you're driving economically. Supposedly, that means when you're getting the most bang for the buck.

For Canada at least, it can be turned off an on by the trip button. Tap the button until the console reads "Eco on". It should come up right after Trip B. Press and hold the trip button and it will eventually say "Eco off."

I personally have not seen a significant difference in following the light though. Especially since in first gear, you pretty much have to crawl for it to stay on!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I think this was added after the interior update that brought all the fake chrome into the Soul and the trippy new style speaker LEDs that light up AROUND the grill instead of inside.

Soul!, Wankers....Me....and the other early adopters have what some have called the "KDM" interior. My dealer is now calling the older ones that because it matches EXACTLY the demo cars that were Korean Domestic Market cars....just for demo.

The newer interiors and apparently that ECO light appear to have shown up after a couple customer feedback cycles.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Mine has the ECO light and it was purchased Jun 09.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
And THAT would be the difference between newbie and senior.....24 posts, and nearly 1200.

Sorta glad I got the original interior before all the chrome......and No, only "crappy" for those who are careless and let the seatbelt fly allover the place or whatever.

I have only ONE scratch....from taking the passenger seat out almost a year ago. It is on the right side of the console and invisible when the seat is back in. Do be careful with the left seat rail when pulling that seat out of the vehicle. I've had most EVERY interior panel OUT and in some cases laying on ASPHALT to take pictures for all you guys....and STILL all these items look brand new.

You MANHANDLE the little Korean parts...they WILL break. You treat them like you would any new car, and they stay nice. If I DO scratch any of them up.....i'll strip the Plexus and SC1 (protectants) off....and repaint the parts.....done. I own a few cars....a couple of them with virtually irreplaceable parts.

I'm VERY much still diggin' the "business at hand" KDM interior in the original Sport/4U/Burner

No scratches on the red....None on the B pillars. 3M ClearBra keeps the "crappy" paint pristine, etc.

THINK sometimes before you go saying something STUPID.....MOST of us that were around MUCH longer than you have this interior (including ALL the mods if you catch my drift), and the complaints about the "easy to scratch" interior are STILL very much with us WITH the CURRENT interior. All they did was add the chrome, and some padding on the door panels, do some WEIRD thing to the LED rings.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sorta glad I got the original interior before all the chrome......and No, only "crappy" for those who are careless and let the seatbelt fly allover the place or whatever.

I have only ONE scratch....from taking the passenger seat out almost a year ago. It is on the right side of the console and invisible when the seat is back in. Do be careful with the left seat rail when pulling that seat out of the vehicle. I've had most EVERY interior panel OUT and in some cases laying on ASPHALT to take pictures for all you guys....and STILL all these items look brand new.

You MANHANDLE the little Korean parts...they WILL break. You treat them like you would any new car, and they stay nice. If I DO scratch any of them up.....i'll strip the Plexus and SC1 (protectants) off....and repaint the parts.....done. I own a few cars....a couple of them with virtually irreplaceable parts.

I'm VERY much still diggin' the "business at hand" KDM interior in the original Sport/4U/Burner

No scratches on the red....None on the B pillars. 3M ClearBra keeps the "crappy" paint pristine, etc.
my interior is pristine, but my exterior paint is starting to get chips and light scratches... so far nothing i cant fix if i put some elbow grease into it : )

but im still not sure about what interior i have...

manufactured 12/09...

i dont have chrome inside my car (except on the knobs for the air conditioner and the rings around the front door speakers), but i also have soft door panels... a little confused.

·
Registered
191 Posts
i dont have chrome inside my car (except on the knobs for the air conditioner and the rings around the front door speakers), but i also have soft door panels... a little confused.
you have the NEW style panels...

Aibo - I dont care what you say... this interior IS crappy! I am ANAL about my car and I dont let my seatbelt flop about (like your homemade CAI :p ) yet I have several scratches on driver side door and B pillar ( I presume from my partner driving) and TONS of my passenger side and a couple on the glove box... none of these scratches/scuffs are major and all of my vehicles have had SOME interior scratches but NOTHING like this, nor this quickly... I am an "early adoptor" is a totally lame BS excuse to... I expect the same quality in early production as late production... I know they have to work out the kinks but their is just NO reason we should have to protect our interiors as if they are fine china... cause their NOT!!! I do not like yelling at my BF telling him to "please be carefull" (for my sanity and his) I am being patient because I feel confident that Kia (in the end) will do the right thing, if they dont - they have lost me as a future customer

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Bummer Viper.....I guess I just haven't done anything to the interior to piss me off just yet (Wait till I scratch the Sport red one day and put a HELLO KITTY sticker over the scratch).

I simply like the no chrome aspect of our KDM interior.....I thought I liked the little chrome piece around the speedo and was bummed we didn't have it.....but no more, especially after seeing the speaker rings.

2011 changes WILL be a bummer......Talk is that the trip computer I have in '05 Sportage will be standard in Sport and Exclaim, six speed mannies AND autos....a possible changover to the Theta engine, etc. I'm not big at all on leather seats, but they were really nice in the Dragon I looked at. I did hear ONE rumour from someone....ummm....important that was disturbing. That they may be moving Soul production AWAY from the "Heavy" plant (Guangju) and into China where DongFeng Yueda already builds a domestic Soul. REALLY hoping this is just rumour after having driven Chery and BYD cars in China before. I did see somewhere a few clues that indicate at the VERY least, we are getting some of the DongFeng "bits" like actual pull door handles.

That Chinese Soul for HERE seems like a bit of a stretch to me.....since Guangju seems to be handling Rondo and Sportage right alongside Soul in that same Heavy plant without so much as a peep about any issue.

THEN I'll just hafta wait a year and get a 2012 Soul to replace my getting old '01 Sportage I guess. I'll be SURE to get a 6sp manny this time :)

Oh....and that funny little CAI....that's gone. Replaced with a ChromeIntakes unit that works MUCH better, and will likely be replaced by a K&N Typhoon (which I saw in prototype) when they decide to EVER produce them.....and the Doug Thorley exhaust is paid for and on its way as we speak :)

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Mine has it. Bought in Oct 09. It still has original speaker lights and no fake crome. Button is on the right side of dash. It is same button as Odometer trip set button. When it says eco on/off you just hold it in the change.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
My Kia was made in March 2009 and the ECO light does NOT light up.

Check your door hinge area for the month and year your Kia was made. I think all the ones made before May 2009 do not work.

·
Registered
32 Posts
K&N Typhoon

Bummer Viper.....I guess I just haven't done anything to the interior to piss me off just yet (Wait till I scratch the Sport red one day and put a HELLO KITTY sticker over the scratch).

I simply like the no chrome aspect of our KDM interior.....I thought I liked the little chrome piece around the speedo and was bummed we didn't have it.....but no more, especially after seeing the speaker rings.

2011 changes WILL be a bummer......Talk is that the trip computer I have in '05 Sportage will be standard in Sport and Exclaim, six speed mannies AND autos....a possible changover to the Theta engine, etc. I'm not big at all on leather seats, but they were really nice in the Dragon I looked at. I did hear ONE rumour from someone....ummm....important that was disturbing. That they may be moving Soul production AWAY from the "Heavy" plant (Guangju) and into China where DongFeng Yueda already builds a domestic Soul. REALLY hoping this is just rumour after having driven Chery and BYD cars in China before. I did see somewhere a few clues that indicate at the VERY least, we are getting some of the DongFeng "bits" like actual pull door handles.

That Chinese Soul for HERE seems like a bit of a stretch to me.....since Guangju seems to be handling Rondo and Sportage right alongside Soul in that same Heavy plant without so much as a peep about any issue.

THEN I'll just hafta wait a year and get a 2012 Soul to replace my getting old '01 Sportage I guess. I'll be SURE to get a 6sp manny this time :)

Oh....and that funny little CAI....that's gone. Replaced with a ChromeIntakes unit that works MUCH better, and will likely be replaced by a K&N Typhoon (which I saw in prototype) when they decide to EVER produce them.....and the Doug Thorley exhaust is paid for and on its way as we speak :)

I found them last night for the 2010 on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K-N-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

1 - 20 of 34 Posts