Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
E3 plugs Installed & burn mark on old plugs

Hi, I just installed E3 Plugs yesterday. I am a believer in the improvement they claim. I will post any MPG improvement after my first tank of gas with them.

The removed Plug is below and has a odd burn around the white ceramic area?
This is after 21,000, Any Ideals what caused this?:confused:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Looks normal to me.

Keep in mind how hot sparkplugs get. Any gap in the sparkplug boot will allow dust, dirt, fumes and vapours to stick and burn. NKG are good sparkplugs.

I don't think there will be much of a difference between the NKG and the E3 after 21,000. Don't compare a new E3 to a 21,000 old NKG. A new sparkplug will perform better than a used one. You will be clouding the issue and won't be doing an equal comparison.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Everyone is different and has preferences.
Personally, I like NKG plugs, wires and O2 sensors. If I couldn't get NKG then Denso power or Bosch would be next on my list (in no order of preference).
imho, I would wait until I found a supply of NKG, Denso Power, or Bosch before even thinking about Champion or E3, but this is just me.

Change the spark plugs every two years regardless of how much you drive. You might be amazed at what a good visual evaluation of the sparkplugs can say about how an engine is running. I highly recommend sparkplugs being changed every 50,000km at a minimum.
It is cheep insurance and it promotes good fuel efficiency.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am a firm believer that (at least in fuel injected 4 stroke applications) the e3 plugs (and bosch +4 spark plugs) are total crud. they do seem to work well in some low rpm 2 stroke motors, and my buddy Darryl gained 150 rpm on the top end in his boat with a carbed 4.3 vortec.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the e3's in an Alfa v6 hemi and it showed some minor improvement in mpg.

Does anyone know what the brown ring on the ceramic white pulg tell me?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I wish I had a dollar for every time someone spends a wad on gimmick plugs. Something wrong with a NGK plug that goes 150,000 miles? Oh well, I'm not trying to be mean, but all these gimmicky plugs are just that, a gimmick to make money. They don't give you any more mpg or power. Next up will be the Turbonator, magnets in the fuel line and the electric supercharger. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
RED ZMAN
Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners
We’re the ultimate Kia Soul community dedicated to Soul owners and fans!
Full Forum Listing