Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Dual Exhaust

Tags
dual exhaust
5K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Tape 
#1 · (Edited)
well I somewhat finished with the install but I am going to bring the tips through the rear bumper, I really do not like the job so far, the tips seem to be too low. The picture is what I am running now but I will do some measuring and attempt to cut through the bumper. The left tip is lower than the right because I have not adjust it prior to taking the picture but they are now the same as I finished brazing the tailpipes. I bought the triangle tips here locally, they are very high quality, very heavy tips and were on clearance for $4.99, I have bought other tips in the past that were similar and cost over $30ea.
I will continue to post and post pictures of the full install and the parts were used when I am finished.

I replaced the triangle tips with the rolled tips.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
well I somewhat finished with the install but I am going to bring the tips through the rear bumper, I really do not like the job so far, the tips seem to be too low. The picture is what I am running now but I will do some measuring and attempt to cut through the bumper. The left tip is lower than the right because I have not adjust it prior to taking the picture but they are now the same as I finished brazing the tailpipes. I bought the triangle tips here locally, they are very high quality, very heavy tips and were on clearance for $4.99, I have bought other tips in the past that were similar and cost over $30ea.
I will continue to post and post pictures of the full install and the parts were used when I am finished.
Couple questions if you don't mind. Why did you braze the tail pipes? Would you mind posting a pic where you connected the pipes to the stock exhaust?

#6 ·
the muffler mod is basically the same as this one;

The muffler in the pic is a 2 chamber which will cause some major droning and significantly louder than the factory muffler, I use a turbo muffler which has no droning while cruising the interstate and has a low purring sound at idle and louder than the factory muffler. I did leave the factory resonator in place.

#5 ·
No, I am going to leave it as is, there is enough clearance without any cutting. I did not want to get into cutting on the rear bumper because I would probably keep messing with it and end up needing a new one. I am done with the exhaust.

#8 ·
Look's great! Nice install!

Reactions: Tape
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.