Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Dual exhaust finally done

12K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  Keizeror 
#1 ·
Hey guys and gals I finally had time between work and other projects to finally go and get my exhaust guy to put dual exhaust on the little kia. As of right now we didnt have time to make a true Y pipe so he just cut a hole in the side of one pipe and welded the other pipe on. It gives him a reference as to where the tip is now so when I get time I will have a true Y pipe on it but probably won't till after the holidays. What I decided to do it run it just straight piped from the resonator all the way back to the tips. There is a drone that starts at 2,500 rpm and disappears at 3,000 rpm. For me it isn't to bad and for my wife but others may think otherwise. If later on I want to quiet it down there is enough room after the resonator to put a muffler if needed.

I do need to clean up the plastic around the tips still since I wasn't able to cut them prior for him so he just air cut them the best he could.

Later I will get pics of the plastic cleaned up and hopefully a full buff on the car

See less See more
#9 ·
Thanks guys. Been so busy I haven't had time to do anything to it to finish or video. If we were to put it to the outside of the insert it would have looked more like a truck to me and the wife. I didn't want them spread apart super far. We cut the insert to have the pipes more tucked up just incase of scraping and didn't want to see the pipe hanging down.

#17 · (Edited)
Next week I'm getting dual exhaust full stainless steel cat back installed at a local shop. They are going deepen the orginal cut out and add a second cutout for the second exhaust tip. Hopefully the finished product will blend in nicely and not sound too rough/loud. Parts are on order - I will try to post some finished pictures next week. The Soul should sound a little more agressive but not too loud according to the shop. If its too loud I have the option of adding a resonator. Cross my fingers.

#27 · (Edited)
Honestly, I don't think he fully understood what I said I wanted. He said it would be "Around $900"..............yeah right, I didn't want titanium pipes!

I was talking Resonator remove/replace with straight pipe, same muffler that Soul Sailor had fitted to hers. That was a bit over $300. How can a short pipe from the muffler with two 90 degree bends, plus another 90 degree pipe branched off it, plus two polished stainless oval tips and cutting the two rear bumper crescents to tuck it up nicely be $600?

I may re-visit the idea. I know where I can get the tips cheaper and I can do the bumper cutouts myself. I like the idea of oval tips to match the KIA badge.

Your's looks fabulous. It's entirely logical to place the pipes where you have them. The molding of the factory bumper gives the cutouts a finished, factory appearance which was my thought process.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.