Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use my little soul for pizza delivery on the weekend and needed more light on the dark backroads here in Arizona. I originally had these mounted to the outside of the bumper, but hated how it looked. I still have to make a mesh grill to cover it all up for a sleek look.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,998 Posts
Brilliant job!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought some halogen projectors in a general store. Halogen because it looks OEM and i dont have problems with autoritys, cause they're not every fund of costum cars in Portugal.
If i didnt need to have a front license plate i would have risked and bought the SSD Light Bar kit.

17546731_1695503840742355_7275278314612328852_o.jpg

PS: The image was from a car meeting in Portugal.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I use my little soul for pizza delivery on the weekend and needed more light on the dark backroads here in Arizona. I originally had these mounted to the outside of the bumper, but hated how it looked. I still have to make a mesh grill to cover it all up for a sleek look.
I could use those on my Pizza delivery Soul too . . . .
Soul  NYPD Pizza June 4th 2017 (1) a.jpg

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Hi there, I am new to this place.

TMB821> real friggin nice beam shots!!

"driving lights" : the definitions of the word is a joke itself. They are not really a set of lights or lamps!!!! This is a couple of crampy, lame exhausting, sicks law enforcement deals.

it just makes me more curious about what it really is. (LOL)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I recently switched over to a new headlight housing with a projector style headlight. I put a 55 watt 6000k HID in the low beam. Now I don’t have to have the double led lights on with low beams. I have them wired to come on with the highs only. I also wired the headlights so the low beam and high beam come on at the same time. The light output is dramatically different with the projectors.

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
I recently switched over to a new headlight housing with a projector style headlight. I put a 55 watt 6000k HID in the low beam. Now I don’t have to have the double led lights on with low beams. I have them wired to come on with the highs only. I also wired the headlights so the low beam and high beam come on at the same time. The light output is dramatically different with the projectors.
Care to share a wiring diagram? I had installed those headlights for 2 years now and I haven't found a way to wire them so both lights stay on on the high beam. Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wound up using a external relay. I tapped into the high beam wire for the trigger and tapped into the low beam for the relay to power. That way I can take it off easily if I need too...

·
Registered
35 Posts
So after some tought i decided to change my cheap halogen driving lights for the led Silvania Cube X and have a DRL function as well.

First things i noticed that an HUGE diferent in the amount of times i had to honk at people when they decided to change lanes or simply speed off a junction in front of me... the DRL's, apart from being modest compared to newer car models, they really make a diference.

I used a mechanical way to make the drl's work since 2 diferent aftermarket drl's modules wouldnt work properly, so i used a 2 way relay and works same way like newer cars... ignition on, they light on... when i turn the parking lights on they turn off (in Portugal parking lights are considered minimum lights and not parking only, and to be acording to law the drl's either turn off with them or substitute them)... ignition off and they turn off...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts