Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Kia Soul base. Been driving the car for a year and a half and never noticed before.
This week I set out for Arizona from California, I noticed on the Freeway at speed of 75 mph and plus, the driver's side view mirror flutters at those speeds. The mirror body is, very firm and so is the internal mirror.

Does anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,404 Posts
Gee, why don't you have your world class Kia warranty fix it?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I would inquire before I go over there to see if anybody else had the same problem.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Never heard of it, and I've taken my mirrors apart and put back together. Is there any play to the glass when you touch it? Is it both mirrors?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No play to the glass at all, can't tell on passenger side, so far away. But no play on that side either.
Note, I do have oem BUG guard on hood, and little wide circle stick on wide angle mirror on them.

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,616 Posts
I'd look at tire balance.

Reactions: r17kia

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
no problem on my 2016.

Then don't go above 75 - isn't that over the speed limit?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just have the tires rotated, speed limit in Arizona 75 coming into Phoenix. When I say it shakes it flutters when it's windy at the high speeds. It flutters a little bit. No it doesn't do it when it is about 60 miles an hour. Yes I know I can go to the dealer, just wanted to see if others have the same issue so I know what I'm talking about when I go to the dealer. The car rides very smooth no shake or anything great riding car. The mirrors are Rock Solid.
Thanks for the responses I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I'd really examine the mounting of the mirror. I've not had any problems with the outside mirrors on my Kia Soul,
but on my 2009 Suzuki SX4, there was a factory recall on the mirrors, because the screws that were put in at the factory did not have the prescribed "Lock Tite" applied and the screws would work loose.
Some guys, like me, actually went to the dealership and had the screws replaced. Some others removed the screws themselves, applied "Lock Tite" and replaced them with no further problem.

I don't know how that applies of a Kia Soul, but I say the above just for general Information.

Mirrors don't usually just shake all by themselves....something is causing it!

Good Luck, Mate!
FL Hamster :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
Sounds like the attachment of the actual mirror glass to whatever it mounts to could be at fault. Maybe that same glue they use in the steering column? In any case, disassembly is in order.

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
Dealer probably wouldn't help anyway, they don't normally speed up to 75 mph to replicate the problem.
So dealer calls owner a liar?

Owner has a vid cam, yes? The camera never lies.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts