Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
You should get Gwildor Ben and his Band of Merry Men to play at this event Rob..

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am just waiting on him to confirm this.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
And I think that tempest can donate his Soul. The Walking Cane Society would be so grateful if he would donate it to them :)

I hope that Ben can book this venue :)

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
i already Sold my Soul to the Devil.... but you are welcome to borrow it!...lol

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will probably come home early for this event! Are you going to make room on the lot Rob?
Yes Saturday just before close all cars will be removed from the lot.
My hope is that we can get enough volunteers for cleaning cars, help bbq, and other activitie we come up with, but its going to be tough to get sponsors/donations for prizes in a short time, I have invited team jh, and the ad in the paper will say scarboro kia in coordination with uke and friends, then list all the companies helpng out, donating, appearing, to try and get a monster event going. But time is short so anyone willing to help is greatly appreciated.

YES there will be a show and shine event voted on by the attendees, but as for prizes for that I don't know, besides a trophy.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what would a sponsorship look like?
Sponsoring can be coming out and setting up a booth, it can be donating oney for prizes, the whole idea is to raise money, toys, food and have some fun.

We will be doing free car washing, a live band (pending), super specials on cars, parts and accessories, a show n shine, bbq, and hopefully more, as we get closer an I can confirm peoples involvement. We will be advertizing in the paper and sponsors and such will be advertized on our website, in the paper, and on drive change website.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am hoping maybe corrado could donate a free airbrushing that we can raffle off but haven't had a chance to talk to him and I know he is very busy.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have had some issues at work with this so removed until further notice, however the toy drive for sick kids is running throughout the month.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL that would be a big job!!!

UKE is now working on an alternative plan and location, ideas and suggestions are encouraged!

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
I suggest Heathers house. We have weekly meets there anyway. Her driveway is big enough. We have done many car washing, car parts and installations.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well what happened was the owner doesnt want to do the car wash, so more or less everyone freaked out and said they werent coming to stand around the dealership for 5 hours, to watch 1 or 2 people bbq.

So SCO/UKE lets see if we can somehow pull this together and show KIA DEALERS what can be done!

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Yeah......we didn't know that there was a toy drive on when we popped in the other Saturday for the non-BBQ that happened......or didn't... due to lack of customer support. The place was near deserted and loads of Burgers went uncooked. They hadn't sold a single car at 3pm :confused:

It would be cool to have some kind of event considering that Kia itself is pushing the advertising on the whole concept.

I would certainly be prepared to show off the car and help with car-washing. Bet a lot of other Soul owners in the GTA would too. Just feed us those unused Burgers. We got the car washed in Port Hope by the Fire Department last Saturday. They wanted $5.......we gave them $10. It's a good way to raise funds.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts