Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Dream About the Soul Forum?

4K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  jdmartin 
#1 ·
Has anyone else experienced any dreams about their car or the Kia Soul Forum? Haha!

This is definitely some abnormal posting that you usually don't seen in here by me (just kidding, most of my posts are), but the other night I had a dream that we as Kia Soul Forum drivers all met up and followed each other to places around town. I feel like I had this dream because yesterday evening as I was jogging, I saw about 20 Corvette drivers all following each other along the highway going to a specific fun event.

Anyone else think it would be fun to actually all get together in our nearest major cities, set a destination where we all wait for each other to meet up, then hit the road and drive in our Soul's around twisty roads, to the mountains, along the beach, or even to specific fun events going on in town? Boy, that sounds like a damn fun Hamsterfest!

#2 ·
It would be nice but as with most things worthwhile it would take a lot of work and there does not seem to be any volunteers for local clubs with a few exceptions let alone a national ride. Now if Kia would sponsor something like that, I am sure it would take off.

#4 ·
As with any rule, there are exceptions. I just wish you guys were closer to me. You could all come over here and I would let you use my grill to cook me some BBQ, of any type. The up side is I would not charge you for the gas that you would use on the grill and I would volunteer to wash the dishes. Just my way of showing team work.

#6 ·
There are Miata groups all over the country with a number of regional rides that attract up to 450 cars for the weekend. I attend a couple of them every year. There are "sub-groups" that tend to break down by age. Younger crowd wants to do a lot of mods and drive fast and the older crowd wants to "tour" a bit more, drive somewhere as a group and stop and eat.
But the common denominator is the driving part and enjoying the top down, sporty handling of the car.

Perhaps the big difference is that young or old, most Miata drivers see the car as a bit of a toy, not a daily driver. But that isn't the case with the Soul. I think if Kia put some promotion behind it they could certainly attract a large crowd at a few regional events around the country. But as long as the cars are selling well, they may not see the point? I would argue that it might help a great deal in establishing brand loyalty. I know a LOT of people who now drive other Mazda models because they really like their Miata.

#7 · (Edited)
KIA seem to be sponsoring anything that moves..........especially sporting events.

Kia Sports | Kia Motors Global Official Site

Kia Corporate News | Kia Motors Global Official Site

Tires? What tires?

https://www.facebook.com/notes/kia-...molson-canadian-amphitheatre-/474241529267957

http://www.twothecoreevents.co.za/#!kia-mtb-series/cpz6

All this global promotion is absolutely excellent, but it would be really cool if they held a few events specifically for their customers. Not only would such events be a great thank you and get-together for fellow KIA owners, but can you imagine the extra sales potential by having non-kia owners come and see multiple vehicles and talk with their owners? Who do you trust most.......a salesperson or the people who actually own the cars?

Get a million KIAs together..........call the event KHARMA, KHARMA, KIA KARMILLION:w00t:

#8 ·
Good info MT-ED. I agree whole hardheartedly about having some events that would allow you to drive the cars. Only after driving a Miata did I fall in love. Interestingly, it was the same with the Soul. I thought my assistant was nuts when she bought her 2010 Soul. I thought it was junk and tried to talk her out of it. Almost two years later I drove it to humor her and was strangely attracted to the car....and still can't figure out exactly why?? None the less; it was actually driving the car that totally changed my perception and I certainly wouldn't have just gone to a dealer to do so. Waaaay to much pressure and hassle at most dealers unless I'm really serious about buying. I'd rather go to the dentist. :)

#9 · (Edited)
Well, we could just piggyback on an already sick event, like Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach. The food, drinks and chicks are already there....all we'd have to do is show up.

We could meet at a strip-mall parking lot on the North end of Daytona Beach, right on A1A, then fire up and caravan down to main street and circle around back to the parking lot. From there on it's all driver option.
I always park in the city parking ramp, stroll down to Main Street, where I stop in at the Full Moon Saloon and grab me a Pork tenderloin sandwich and a cold beer. Then meander on down to the Main Street Station, for some more refreshments and a lot of girl watching.

Regular or Premium?

Lunch!

Gotta love Main Street Station.

So, who's ON for Biketoberfest. It's in October.

TM :cool:

Eh?

I'll be there anyway, so who's coming?

:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.