Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My apologies if this has been asked before.

My phone connects and transfers ok. If I make a call however, when I hang up and try to make another call immediately, I'm told that the phonebook is being downloaded, and I must wait until it finishes. Is this normal to have the phonebook downloaded again after each call?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I had that happen once. I was getting a call while I was IN a call, and tried to hang up so I could pick up the other one, or something like that. I broke the system. I was able to get out of the problem by turning the engine off and re-starting the car. Reboot it like a computer cause that's what it is. No more problems. It only happened once.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My apologies if this has been asked before.

My phone connects and transfers ok. If I make a call however, when I hang up and try to make another call immediately, I'm told that the phonebook is being downloaded, and I must wait until it finishes. Is this normal to have the phonebook downloaded again after each call?
This has always been the (maddening*) system behavior I have experienced since using the BT for the past half year with a TracFone LG 420G. However, my Kia dealer's service mgr. admitted to also having the same problem in his Sonata using his major carrier cell phone. Another common problem we discussed was "phantom dialing" in which the BT system goes through the motions of placing a call, yet it is not accessing the phone at all (though connected and having successfully placed calls moments prior), and does not display the contact's name on the dash display. When this occurs, one must cancel the 'call,' and again wait for the phonebook to download before attempting to make another call. The service mgr. muttered something about Kia trying to fix these glitches.

*When still inexperienced with the BT system back in August, this behavior was manifesting, and while I tried to troubleshoot, after 10 hours of interstate driving, then dark outside, I actually missed my exit and ended up driving an extra hour because of it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts