Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoke with Kia Map Help Desk (1-888-757-0010) regarding above update and when the downloadable version would be available. They stated it should be available in mid-July, 2020. Anyone wishing to receive a status email as that date approaches was advised to call the phone number above to have your email address added to the notification list.

To view the updated features go to: https://storage.googleapis.com/mapcare_download/Software/v14.0/pdf/Kia_V14_New_Map_Features_U5W.pdf.

To view the installation instructions go to:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I actually contacted mapnsoft asking when they week release the download. I own a 2020 Kia Soul Gt Turbo. They wrote right back saying that for my car I would need to purchase the software and that it will not be released as a download. I then checked all of the 2020 Kia’s and 21 Seltos and no car had a free download, all have to be purchased. Pretty crappy if you ask me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually contacted mapnsoft asking when they week release the download. I own a 2020 Kia Soul Gt Turbo. They wrote right back saying that for my car I would need to purchase the software and that it will not be released as a download. I then checked all of the 2020 Kia’s and 21 Seltos and no car had a free download, all have to be purchased. Pretty crappy if you ask me.
At the download site - www.mapnsoft.com - the 5th FAQ answers this question: "What’s the difference between downloading the map or ordering it by mail?" The answer shown is: "Both products provide the same software. Downloading is free though while the shipping option is $25 USD ($30 CAD). The benefit of the shipping option is that it skips the download process, which requires access to a PC and high-speed internet as the file sizes can be large."

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul EX
5 Posts
But what if you don't mind the PC part? I have plenty of USB drives and really hate paying for updates on a vehicle.

Any way we can torrent this? I would share 50gb on my home server just to keep it alive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts