Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Go for it...and POST PICS.

I've been tempted to take on this project, but only saw pics of one guy who "roughed in" a pretty crappy speaker in those doors.

I was gonna be the one to do this and post pics, but it's a WONDER I haven't blown up the stock Infinity door speakers yet with my amp upgrades. I've been driving those stock doors and tweets with an Alpine PDX-100.4 for half a YEAR now......and driving them REALLY HARD.

The front door speakers project just looks like an awful lot of "not fun".....and the best solution I've seen so far involves "gutting" the original speaker. Once you have cut up the stock speaker, you're sorta COMMITED to do the job, so I just haven't yet.

Those are coaxials.....I'd say GO FOR IT. I'm sure the extra "brightness" in those front doors will sound nice with the extra tweets.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds good! im finishing up my subwoofer enclosure this weekend and looking to tear and sound proof this car since im already stripping it so much!

also these speakers are 4ohms, my lurking came up on some articles saying they might be power hungry for the stock amp, form all ive read though these sound like they would still work right?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Im getting my back drivers side door speaker looked at in 2 weeks. I'm going to see if I can watch the tech take apart the panel to see how hard it really is. Im thinking the speaker is blown but it could just be loose also because it rattles on any low bass sound.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol well i hope i can provide enough to help everyone else make their systems BOOM,

I have taken off the panel and drilled out the rivets on the bracket! pics will appear soon and hopefully a DIY on putting in your own speakers! its quite the hole back there my stock kia speakers intact tonight ill be trying my luck as a bracket!

·
Registered
108 Posts
stock audio upgrade speakers are 2 ohm. If these speakers are 4 and power hungry the stock amp will not do. If you want any insight into the door speakers look up y other threads already done and super easy.

·
Registered
838 Posts
patmanz, 2 ohm? wow, no wonder they rate the amp output at 300w. I wonder what it would be at 8 ohm.... like 75 watts I think. No matter, it sounds just right for Saffs Soul. She's happy makes me happy. ;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i managed to take out the speaker, your old thread was quite true patmanz! 4 ohms does not do well with the stock amp the back speaker i plugged in was very quiet and power consuming, luckily i had drilled out the rivets and was able to put my speaker back in! ill be at crutchfield this weekend since it so close to see what they may offer and luckily the speakers are all packed up and ready to be returned (hooray leanient return warranties) is there a bracket out for the car? theres quite the bit of mounting space i was looking to fill in the mids like my old 6x9s in my last car, or i may just pick up an amp and some 6x9s if that may be easier than a booming 6.5 speaker

1 - 11 of 11 Posts