Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone care to show us how to wire up the LEDs to the door lights?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Noticed LAST night as I was franticly stripping an old Ford van for the "Cash For Clunkers" thing (work related), that the little work light in the back of Soul.......is sorta lame.

I have a BUNCH of little tools in my cargo shelf in Soul from all my other audio/LED/HID mods, and that little light just doesn't light up that area at "just before midnight" all that well, in fact....almost not at all. The center dome light even with the seats down and converted to LED, doesn't really light that area either.

I think I'm gonna get a white LED strip or similar I can put in the back right along the top of the headliner. It'll make the back of Soul a nice "work area", or at least a REAL nice light to see that cargo bin when you are looking for something, gettinng the tire/jack out, etc.

It'll be REAL easy project, just gotta find some 12v LED lighting that won't look like crap up there on the headliner, run the wire along the back to the left and down that rear C-pillar, and wire it right in place of that little light back there. Then I'll just take out the small bulb entirely. It'll turn off and on with the tailgate just like the existing light.

I'll post pics.....wanna do this fairly quick, and I'll probly start a new thread.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm basically asking this. Once I get my hands on the LED door plates from Shark, I would like to know how to wire them up. I want them to light up when the door is opened then go off when closed. Dose this make sense?

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
I'm basically asking this. Once I get my hands on the LED door plates from Shark, I would like to know how to wire them up. I want them to light up when the door is opened then go off when closed. Dose this make sense?
I'd be down for a step by step on this, with some visuals. So what do you say wiring Gurus?

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
I really am interested in an answer to this too. Perhaps Shark Racing can weigh in here. Is this a plug and play deal? Will I need additional wire to connect this to the door switch set up. I have wired several muscle cars and vintage autos and I have never been a fan of hacking up factory wiring. Any thoughts on how to make this effective and clean? I think the answer to this would bolster the group buy in on the door sills. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I buy the same item and the garage install them today.
First the wire are under the sill when you remove them and the wire from the switch is green and it's the ground wire. For the left side it's easier cause the 12 volt wire is there it's a red wire but for the right side you have to pass a wire to under the dash to connect to the 12 volt. So you connect the 12 volt to the new sill plate and the ground to the switch.
A other thing, all the switch are connect together, so if you want to find a wire with a tester leave the other door close.
When you open one door all the led light up
Good luck, I hope it's help you

·
Registered
36 Posts
I buy the same item and the garage install them today.
First the wire are under the sill when you remove them and the wire from the switch is green and it's the ground wire. For the left side it's easier cause the 12 volt wire is there it's a red wire but for the right side you have to pass a wire to under the dash to connect to the 12 volt. So you connect the 12 volt to the new sill plate and the ground to the switch.
A other thing, all the switch are connect together, so if you want to find a wire with a tester leave the other door close.
When you open one door all the led light up
Good luck, I hope it's help you

Do you mind my asking how much you paid for the installation & was it for all 4 doors? I'm thinking of purchasing the LED door sills for my new Soul when I buy it & I'm trying to add up how much all my extras will cost me.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Someone suggested tapping into the fuse box. Do the dome lights have a harness? Photos please if anyone has figured this out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have no idea how to do that...besides, that would require a lot more wire length than comes with the door sills. It's supposed to be easy as connecting to the wire bundle that runs right under the sills...you just have to find the correct two wires.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nitro could you repost the cargo LED pic, I tried connecting but the link is either down or no longer valid. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts