Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so out of the blue I started having some issues with my front passenger door speaker.
I think it might have blown out. (I don't listen to my music loud or with the bass turned all the way up. At least not since I first got the car. I could care less about every panel of my car shaking from bass) I don't know how it could have blown out, maybe it just got old. But it buzzes and it just sounds terrible. I turned the balance all the way to the left it was so bad. I couldn't enjoy my music.

So, has anyone replaced these speakers? What is a good brand? How much was it and/or the install?

I'm not looking for anything fancy. Like I said before, I could care less for the thumping bass. I don't want subs in my hatch so on and so forth. I just want my speaker fixed with nice sound.

Thanks bunches!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
You didn't say if you were willing to spend ANY money to fix the problem...?
You could go to BestBuy, and get a estimate to replace them as a SET L&R... They would probably be Better, and you could call it a UP-Grade...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could go to BestBuy, and get a estimate to replace them as a SET L&R... They would probably be Better, and you could call it a UP-Grade...
Well, I guess when I asked "how much" it kinda implied I was willing to spend money. Lol

But thanks! Definitely will give that a shot.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
also any reputable audio specialty independent store, The door panels are not difficult to remove if we wish to replace your own.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well, I guess when I asked "how much" it kinda implied I was willing to spend money. Lol

But thanks! Definitely will give that a shot.
For a budget build pioneer speakers are a pretty good option, sound great on both stock and aftermarket head units. For a slightly bigger budget you could do INFINITY KAPPA speakers (my personal favorite) they have a lot of bass response and handle anything you can throw at them. Now, from personal experience, you could look into ordering the Fender brand speakers from the new Gold GTI and vw bug TDI, the Fender systems in those cars is absolutely insane, and last I checked (a few months ago) you can get them on eBay for about 100$ for 4 6.5" speakers. There are plenty of other brands and options for a 6.5" speaker. Now, with the soul having tweeters n the dash, you could put 6.5" mids in the doors, and tweeters in the dash. Or you can go with full 3 way components in the door.

·
Registered
171 Posts
For a budget build pioneer speakers are a pretty good option, sound great on both stock and aftermarket head units. For a slightly bigger budget you could do INFINITY KAPPA speakers (my personal favorite) they have a lot of bass response and handle anything you can throw at them. Now, from personal experience, you could look into ordering the Fender brand speakers from the new Gold GTI and vw bug TDI, the Fender systems in those cars is absolutely insane, and last I checked (a few months ago) you can get them on eBay for about 100$ for 4 6.5" speakers. There are plenty of other brands and options for a 6.5" speaker. Now, with the soul having tweeters n the dash, you could put 6.5" mids in the doors, and tweeters in the dash. Or you can go with full 3 way components in the door.
You got me thinking about those Fender speakers. Did you use them in a Soul or just heard them in a VW? They get great reviews and yes, they are around $100 on ebay. Any idea if the speaker plates are required for mounting them? At least thats what Crutchfield says. Thanks!
--Michael

·
Registered
222 Posts
You got me thinking about those Fender speakers. Did you use them in a Soul or just heard them in a VW? They get great reviews and yes, they are around $100 on ebay. Any idea if the speaker plates are required for mounting them? At least thats what Crutchfield says. Thanks!
--Michael
You know, I really have no idea. They are excellent speakers with amazing bass response. My cousin owns a 2014 VW bug TDI and it sounds thousands of times better than any other stock system I've heard, even the upgraded sound system in the 2010 sport doesn't compare. I'd do a bit of research into how much power the stock fender deck puts out in the new bugs or golfs, but I wouldn't imagine them needing the speaker plates. They're about the same size as the soul speakers.

Reactions: VR46

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could you give me a direct link to some of those Infinity Kappa speakers? I looked on eBay, but I'm not really sound system savvy, so I have no idea what is good and what isn't. I'd really appreciate it. :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Could you give me a direct link to some of those Infinity Kappa speakers? I looked on eBay, but I'm not really sound system savvy, so I have no idea what is good and what isn't. I'd really appreciate it. :)
2 sets of these,
http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Kappa-62-11I-6-5-Inch-Speakers/dp/B009GHQX5O
They are seriously the best speakers I've ever used

Reactions: adam87

·
Registered
222 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would go with crutchfield's speaker set. Worth it and it comes with specific vehicle instructions. Pioneer or Infiniti is your choice but in order to get the full potential of any speaker you always have to make sure the head unit has enough watt output for the speaker. Clarity only comes with proper setup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts