Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday 5/12/13, I started my car like normal (cold start) and I heard a loud pop through my stereo. Normally I hear this from time to time. So I went to the store and tired to lock my doors. It didnt lock. So I was assuming it was from the pop. I go to the auto store and buy some new mini 20amp fuses. As I inserted the new fuse, it sparked in front of me. So now im locking my doors manually (the Old school way) opening with my key, like back in the day *ugh*. I tried again at my work but this time taking off the Negative terminal from the battery. Same result. So now I went to the dealer and I made an appointment for this Thursday 5/16/13. The car is a 2011' + with 50,8xx~ miles on it.

Any insight would be great.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
It's obviously a wire shorting against the frame.....somewhere. Eh?

I hope the Kia Service people can find it and fix it.

:cool:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to the dealer and they wanted to keep my car overnight since they have to backtrack the wires. I said no since I have work and need to see people/do stuff. My car has 9,000 miles left until the warrenty expires. ITs at 51,xxx miles ATM.

Re-checked my aftermarket stereo setup, everything looks good. Grounds are protected and nothing is loose. Fuses are good.
Re-checked my footwell LEDs, checked the wires, re-do the ground. Switch is good.

I tried another new mini 20A fuse, once again blown.

Im going to try Kia of San Juan Capistrano tomorrow afterwork and get their opinion and if no go then Garden Grove Kia (where I originally bought my car back in 2011. *From SoCal*.

Would anyone know where the power door lock relay is located in the SOUL?!!

Thanks

·
Registered
928 Posts
The door locks also get power from the fuse/relay panel under the hood on the drivers side. 50 amp fuse # B+2 provides power to the locks, tail lights,sunroof (if you have one), stop lights, tailgate, fog lamps (if equipped), and interior lamps. Haven't found the door lock relay itself yet, however. Page 7-63 in the owners manual tells you about this fuse. Are all these other things still working?

·
Registered
928 Posts
After a bit more searching on KGIS, I discovered that the relay is behind the cabin fuse panel on the drivers side end of the dash. Instructions say that the fuse panel must be removed for access. Graphic was not clear as to exactly which relay it was, however, but I believe it might be both H and F. At least you know where it's hidden now.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sorry for the very late reply (Life got busy again) but I got it all fixed on 5/23/13. They replaced the whole fuse box under warranty even though I had 9k miles left until 60,000 miles. My car is all good now. Locks work again! I'll start modding again in a month or 2.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts