Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Rhysoul asked: "I’d like to know what you mean by “weather proof cover”. I looked on Amazon for something like a little plug that would pop in the key hole but came up empty. "

Try Duct Tape!

By your own admission, you don't drive a Gen-3 Soul. If you were, you'd know what we're talking about.
That makes it difficult, when you're in a Forum about a car you don't own.
There are indeed, some really big changes between the Gen-2 Souls, and the Gen-3 Souls.
That's why the Admin separated the forum into Generational groups.

Well, anyway, the Gen-3 Soul does have a plastic cover OVER the drivers' side Key Hole. And you would have to remove that cover to use the Key Hole. One pic that I posted was the Key Hole with the plastic cover removed.
After all the times, over the years, that I experienced frozen door locks, I really appreciate the remote Lock/Unlock feature and the Covered Manual Key Hole.

Now, a, days, I don't have to worry anymore about frozen door locks, or any of that stuff. (Florida)

Cheers Mates!
:cool:

Reactions: LPV

·
Registered
706 Posts
Try Duct Tape!

:cool:

The manual transmission 2nd and 3rd Gen has the same type of door lock because they didn’t come with keyless entry. But yes you’re right the 3rd Gen with keyless entry has that plastic cover over the lock like yours.

I must have misunderstood you. I thought you were talking about one of your former cars and using something to cover the keyhole to keep the weather out when you lived in a colder climate.

I think I’ll stick with the painters tape idea before going through car washes in the winter. Duct tape might leave a sticky residue.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts