Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a very minor problem, but, I'm posting this to see if anyone else is having the same situation. My 2020 KIA Soul door handles have nearly caught my finger between the handle and its base on more than one occasion and on both the driver and passenger door. I did mention this to the dealer when I took it in for my first oil change the other day.

I've been driving now for 55 years, I work at a Honda dealership as a porter, and I'm in and out of dozens and dozens of cars a day. I have no recollection of having this same experience with any other car through the years...and never on my 2015 Soul. Although I haven't actually gotten pinched-pinched, it's enough that I feel my finger getting nearly caught when getting in the car.

This doesn't diminish my love for this car at all. It's just a very "intriguing" matter that may need to be addressed if I'm not the only one experiencing the "problem".

·
Registered
81 Posts
That's never happened to me but I just experimented with it and I see how it might happen if you were standing farther toward the rear of the car and maybe using your right hand it could grab your pinky.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Haven't come close to experincing this myself on my Soul. Is it maybe the way you are grabbing the handle? If I enter the driver's side I use my left hand to open the door, and I have big hands. Too bad you don't have a picture to show how its happening.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Yes...several times in fact.
Slow reaction times coupled with mouse trap technology yields "pinched fingers" I am afraid.
What they should have done was that slow dampened return, similar to the Jesus handles found in many car interiors.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes...several times in fact.
Slow reaction times coupled with mouse trap technology yields "pinched fingers" I am afraid.
What they should have done was that slow dampened return, similar to the Jesus handles found in many car interiors.
Sooooo.... I'm not the only one!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yup, does happen to me. Now have to be careful of this and grab handle in the middle. Something about the design causes it...ouch!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a very minor problem, but, I'm posting this to see if anyone else is having the same situation. My 2020 KIA Soul door handles have nearly caught my finger between the handle and its base on more than one occasion and on both the driver and passenger door. I did mention this to the dealer when I took it in for my first oil change the other day.

I've been driving now for 55 years, I work at a Honda dealership as a porter, and I'm in and out of dozens and dozens of cars a day. I have no recollection of having this same experience with any other car through the years...and never on my 2015 Soul. Although I haven't actually gotten pinched-pinched, it's enough that I feel my finger getting nearly caught when getting in the car.

This doesn't diminish my love for this car at all. It's just a very "intriguing" matter that may need to be addressed if I'm not the only one experiencing the "problem".
I have this problem with my 2019 Soul. I own a 2013 and 2015 and did have a 2014. Never had this issue with those years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, I have pinched my pinky finger three times already. I just bought my Soul 2020 3 weeks ago. Sorry to say the driver side handle is a bad design. Now, I try to remember to grab toward the middle or front of handle (instead of back of handle).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Happened to my son yesterday. The problem is that, once the door handle is pulled and the door is free from the latching mechanism, the tension on the spring mechanism is strong enough to snap the door back towards the handle without dampening. If you have any finger flesh near the rear of the handle, it will get pinched. I can replicate this at will now.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Yup, never happened to me, TILL after I read this thread. Then ZAP, it got me!
Now, I'm very careful how I handle the handle. lol

Cheers mates!
FLH :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts