Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dealer put the wrong manual in my Soul...they know now, and say they have it waiting for me...but I was wondering...what publications SHOULD I get with my new car? Besides the manual? Kia Warranty, Tire Warranty, Features & Functions Guide, etc.? Anything else?

I'm thinking my dealer's service is not going to be very good after all the snafus in purchasing, getting the car insured & licensed, etc....

ALSO: p. 4-2 of the US manual PDF I d/l'd shows the keys come w/barcoded labels attached w/code numbers...my keys just have cards in clear plastic inserts like you get w/rentals...no codes...did you all get your barcodes & code numbers with your keys?

·
Registered
278 Posts
When we got our soul , we were part of the 30 cars sold that day for the cash for clunker progeam, we were hearded like cattle, however we expected this since the dealed set it up that way, we got good service.. however hey forgot our manual, they sent it to us in the mail, as soon as we called, outs has tire warrantte infocard.. a thick manual for the soul and a thiner one for the souls and a air bag info phamphlet.. ID have to actuall look to see if there were any others, but it all comes in a plastic/rubber binder thingy, see through in parts of it.

However you can get all the stuff as noted above

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
I have the in mine

1. Owners manual
2. Warranty book
3. Tire warranty
4. Florida Lemon Law book
5. Air bag info
6. Clear sleeve
7. The key code (that the salesman insisted pulling of that black tag it was on and sticking on his business card) not pictured
And the red inventory tag for the car.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
check out the link in my sig you can look at all the docs that came with every soul under glovebox materials
Thanks, nitrosportman...I registered there weeks ago and started reading the manual, but I WANT THE PAPER COPIES I PAID FOR...and wondering if others are getting them or not.

First time I visited this dealer, late one Sunday, I asked to look at a manual, and they said they were all locked up in another building, and everyone had gone home already...and the asst. sales mgr. mentioned "...they are EXPENSIVE..." Huh...first dealer I've noticed where I couldn't read the manual while sitting in the car in the showroom...

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Boston Driver

You are entitled to all documents and manuals and the Bar Code key tag....call the Principal Owner or Sales Manager....tell them you will be in to,orrow to pick these items up...if they don't have them call Kia America and complain..Loudly!!

·
Banned
288 Posts
I got the owner's manual, warranty, tire warranty, air bag info brochure, clear sleeve, and key code tag.

I looked online to verify and saw that there's a Features & Functions guide. It's no biggie but was I supposed to get one of those too?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts