Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
^^LIKE
-
Anyway, that is one thing I like better about my Sedona. 21 gallon tank - I only refill once a week. With other Kias it seems like every other day.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yea @ 43,000 miles, I fill up every 2 or 3 days

Last vehicle had a 27-gal tank

:)

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Dik wanna be long ?...

I like my gas tank in its current size. Any bigger and the Soul would be heavier, especially on a full tank and use more gas to move around.
On a full tank, I don't have to fill up for 2 weeks and I'm using it to go to work every day and on week-ends. I live about 1/2 from my office. I drive in CLASS. If I would have to travel further, I would get myself a beater like a Honda Civic or a Lada and use it to go to work and drive without class.

·
Banned
1,609 Posts
Yeah...I think 12.5 gallons is at least 4 gallons too small. This is especially true considering the gas mileage isn't that great. My other car has a 20.5 gallon tank.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
12.5 gallons???...is that US gallons???........our fuel tanks are 10.5 UK gallons.

·
Registered
556 Posts
UK gallons have more volume than US gallons. US gallons are equivalent to 3.8 liters. UK gallons are equivalent to 4.5 liters.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, how far do you drive every day, Dik? Is it long?
I wish you knew.

You touched my heart you touched my soul.
You changed my life and all my goals.
And love is blind and that I knew when,
My heart was blinded by you.
I've kissed your lips and held your hand.
Shared your dreams and shared your bed.
I know you well, I know your smell.
I am addicted to you...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, how far do you drive every day, Dik? Is it long?
I do about 800 miles a week. school is 26 miles away one way and sometimes i have to make that trip twice a day. Just to get groceries i have to drive 32 miles round trip. I live in Texas

·
Banned
1,609 Posts
I also live in Texas...small town no less. But...work is 3 miles away, and it's a five minute drive to just about anywhere. I go home for lunch. My usual daily total mileage is about 12 miles.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
still cant get used to the idea of kids driving round in brand new Soul..... kids in our country cant get near a new car financially.

·
Banned
1,609 Posts
kids in our country cant get near a new car financially.

Well, many do courtesy of mom and dad or grandparents. I wasn't so lucky. My first car was a Ford Pinto. Not just a Pinto, but a station wagon. Not just a station wagon, but one with woodgrain paneling on it.

At that time, however, I didn't care. It was a car! That's all that mattered!

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Even if we could afford to buy them a brand new car (and most families in the UK cant) they wouldnt be able to get insurance on it!!!....the insurance for a 18 year old in this country for a year is often more than the value of the car.... and i am fairly sure if one turned up trying to insure a brand new kia - the insurance quote would just keep rising until it was unaffordable (thats what happened with a girl i work with)

·
Registered
904 Posts
I know what you mean I used to do 600 a week till I started working from home. I wish that freakin tank was bigger as well. Gas mpg kinda sucks. I prefer to drive my wife's Sonata as it gets better MPG.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've only had the car 2 weeks & this is one thing I'm definitely disappointed with... I mean, come on... even my old car, a MINI Cooper, had a bigger gas tank!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts