Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

201 - 220 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
I purchased my Yugo and for $3999.00 it was the best investment I ever made. Those Serbs sure know how to make a fine reliable automobile. Sporty too.

70HP of raw fury.

Mark

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,010 Posts
I have had my Kia Soul for about a month now. I got the base model and I find that it performs very poorly on the highway. Like it has to fight to get to 60 mph and up and it makes a lot of noise trying. I was also disappointed that the options that come standard with an XB have to be purchased for the soul like rearview camera and navigation. These things come standard in other cars that are older. I am biding my time, paying off as much as I can so I can trade my Soul in for something better. Back to the Toyota family. I am sorely disappointed in my purchase, but I take this as a lesson learned.
No idea what your problem is regarding getting to 60 mph, as this is not normal on not based on owners comments, quite the opposite in most cases. Maybe you should have the dealer check it out, if this is the case.

Your info on the xB is incorrect, yes it does come standard with a rear-view camera but not navigation.

You can get a 2015 Base Soul AT $17,190 + $800 for the UVO eServices package which includes a back up camera, fog lights, auto on/off headlights - Total - $17,990. It also comes standard with 16" alloys

2015 xB auto - $18,865
Fog lights - $389
Navigation system - $1017
16" Alloys - $899
Total: $21,170

Also the xB is still using the older 4-speed transmission, the Soul is a six-speed. Don't see anything on the xB that is not on the Soul. So what other items are you referring to. What vehicle did you have before?

If you want to go to a xB you had better make it quick as GeoSoul stated, its done at the end of the 2015 model year.

I guess the Soul must be a poor value and vehicles that's why they only sold 145,316 in 2014, when the fantastic great vehicle and value of the xB sold a staggering 16,583 in 2014 and its being discontinued. :sneakiness:

·
Registered
407 Posts
To answer the question. NO! I have had my Soul for 2 1/2 months. I went on two trips across the country and already have 5300 miles on it. I have loved every minute I have spent driving and personalizing it. I wish I could buy an older base with MT to play with.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I bought a used 2011 and love it! My only regret is not finding a 2.0L in my price range. The 1.6L is definitely lacking for highway driving. It does the job but I'd like a little more power.

Massive space, descent look, easy to upgrade to better OEM stuff from the nicer models. It's awesome.

On the Scion talk, I saw the xB replacement at Formula D the other weekend and it looks pretty nice. Kind of like a streamlined version of the Toyota Matrix. I might test drive one but I have a feeling that if I buy a new car, it'll be a newer Soul. Haha

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I have had my Kia Soul for about a month now. I got the base model and I find that it performs very poorly on the highway. Like it has to fight to get to 60 mph and up and it makes a lot of noise trying. I was also disappointed that the options that come standard with an XB have to be purchased for the soul like rearview camera and navigation. These things come standard in other cars that are older. I am biding my time, paying off as much as I can so I can trade my Soul in for something better. Back to the Toyota family. I am sorely disappointed in my purchase, but I take this as a lesson learned.
It sounds to me like the Soul is not the car for you. It sounds like you wanted something a lot more powerful and better-equipped. That begs the question of why you chose to purchase not only an econobox, but the base model of an econobox. But I suppose that's neither here nor there.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I regret buying my Soul because it's very hard to pry myself from it. Being a serial car-flipper, I haven't been able to find anything that can touch the Soul on price/features/quality.

Really - As for example, I've driven the Honda HR-V (~$27K) and the Mazda CX-3 (~$27K). Both the Honda and the Mazda were loaded AWD versions. Other than leather and AWD, all other features are present on my Soul. Apart from having a different look to them, both cars can't justify their cost over the Kia. Neither car, in my opinion, drove/handled any better than the Kia (in normal street driving).

Just my opinion….

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,611 Posts
Scion is still breathing because of the FRS, which is a rebadged Subara BRZ. Their new iA is a rebadged Mazda 2 built in Mexico. Supposedly the new xB, if they keep that name, is the rebadged European Toyota Auris, with a Corolla body, but more room.

To me, Scion is phoning it in as a car company. It's going to take more than impersonating a "real" car to accomplish what Kia has done, in quality & style.

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
I purchased my Yugo and for $3999.00 it was the best investment I ever made. Those Serbs sure know how to make a fine reliable automobile. Sporty too.

70HP of raw fury.

Mark

Mark, I bet you were one Wild & Craaaazy Guy in your Yugo.

·
Registered
811 Posts

Did you not test drive the thing before purchase? XB is ugly, less power, half the warranty and did I mention UGLY...

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,010 Posts
Scion is still breathing because of the FRS, which is a rebadged Subara BRZ. Their new iA is a rebadged Mazda 2 built in Mexico. Supposedly the new xB, if they keep that name, is the rebadged European Toyota Auris, with a Corolla body, but more room.

To me, Scion is phoning it in as a car company. It's going to take more than impersonating a "real" car to accomplish what Kia has done, in quality & style.
its called the iM.

·
Registered
92 Posts

Scion is Toyota. The FRS is the Toyota GT86 which was a joint venture with Subaru and a pretty common thing in the industry. You are right about that car keeping them afloat, though.

I think the iM will do well but the iA is very beige and, as you said, just a rebadge.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I love my Soul. I just need to figure out what the rattle under the tires are. Otherwise, great vehicle ... lots of bang for the buck.

Thinking of getting a Soul for my wife. :)

·
Registered
847 Posts
I have been very pleased with mine and have had it for 8 months and have less than 5K on her. Just ordered up a rear spoiler for my Soul and a little sticker I chose for the back window. Wanted something a little different :)

I tend to gravitate to the obscure.

I know most of you will have no idea what it is LOL

Mark

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Mark, what on Earth is that? Maybe if I Probe my brain I will figure it out!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I have been very pleased with mine and have had it for 8 months and have less than 5K on her. Just ordered up a rear spoiler for my Soul and a little sticker I chose for the back window. Wanted something a little different :)

I tend to gravitate to the obscure.

I know most of you will have no idea what it is LOL

Mark

OK, I'm feeling the Vibe...<:))

201 - 220 of 247 Posts