Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Fit is discontinued looking to buy a Soul. Do removable rear headrests come on the ex designer package only .

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,307 Posts
Welcome to the forum soul8877!

I heard something about the 2020 Fit not coming to N America. What's the story, I thought it was popular?

I believe you're correct on the removable rear sear headrests. Not available on trims below EX. This is new for the Gen3 model. In the past it was on all trims. Sadly Kia has been arguably decontenting the Soul in favor of digital nannies. Being able to remove & adjust the rear headrests is an important part of seat/cargo configuration for me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree i always removed the rear headrests in my fit. I think it is only the EX with the designer package.

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
I agree i always removed the rear headrests in my fit. I think it is only the EX with the designer package.
The GT turbo has adjustable rear headrests too. The good news is it appears the EX is being deeply discounted according to some of our members. I've noticed it locally as well.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,155 Posts
the EX and GT-Line turbo come with the adjustable rear headrests as standard.

Just curious - why would you need to remove the rear headrests at any time? I've never done that once on both my Souls which has had this feature, as I can't see any purpose to do it.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,155 Posts
I want to see out the back better. And no one ever sits in the back seats.
Not sure of your height but I would sit in a Soul and judge for yourself, but I can't see any improved visibility if I did remove the headrests. The centre one retracts low so it's out of the way.

I very rarely have anyone in the back seats too, but when the occasion arrives I don't want to have to go finding the headrests to put them back into place and it's usually when I am not at home that this will occur.

My daughter owns a 2015 Fit LX.

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
797 Posts

Just curious - why would you need to remove the rear headrests at any time? I've never done that once on both my Souls which has had this feature, as I can't see any purpose to do it.
I have heard it improves your head rest, for napping pleasure in the back, if you reverse the head rest when you lay down :sleep:

Reactions: GeoSoul

·
Registered
7,307 Posts

The rear seats when folded forward collide with the back of the front seats if they are back, like for 6' or so folks. Removing the rear headrests also provides more vertical storage space behind the front seats down to the floor.

The better question is why would you not want removable headrests? You can only defend cost cutting so far. You know, like removing the drivers grab handle, but leaving the hole in the ceiling :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is an interesting thread. I have a 2020 Soul EX and the left and right rear headsets are integrated. Only the center one adjusts. I am wondering if on the EX it's a separate option for all of them to be adjustable.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It must be the designer package.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts