Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this was so frustrating so I’m sure someone else had this problem!!
my display stayed on after cutting engine so I would get a battery discharge warning and the only way the display would go off would be to open the drivers door.
HERES THE SOLUTION!!!
Some lovely member of this group, posted this:
"Just hold the power button on the head unit down for about ten seconds and the head unit shuts off. No wire cutting needed.”
Except you really only have to hold it down about 1.5 seconds!
The original thread wouldn’t let me post my response so…
Me: OMG I’m dying! Thank you for such a simple solution that I couldn’t find ANYWHERE online or in the manual.
f you’re reading this, @k2x4b524p
How on earth did you know???

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Yes, that’s how it works. The radio will stay on until you open the drivers door. Not sure how it will drain your battery unless you get out of the car through the window? 😳

·
Registered
73 Posts
this was so frustrating so I’m sure someone else had this problem!!
my display stayed on after cutting engine so I would get a battery discharge warning and the only way the display would go off would be to open the drivers door.
HERES THE SOLUTION!!!
Some lovely member of this group, posted this:
"Just hold the power button on the head unit down for about ten seconds and the head unit shuts off. No wire cutting needed.”
Except you really only have to hold it down about 1.5 seconds!
The original thread wouldn’t let me post my response so…
Me: OMG I’m dying! Thank you for such a simple solution that I couldn’t find ANYWHERE online or in the manual.
f you’re reading this, @k2x4b524p
How on earth did you know???
what does "hold the power button on the head unit down" mean? hold the power button down on the radio?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts