Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Demo Souls are at the Kia dealers in US (and Canada) and many of you have seen it by now and I was wondering if there's something that you dislike about the Soul and think Kia should pay a more attention to it or make some improvements before Souls hit the dealers?

Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would have a similar complaint. I love the car, but Kia should give each trim level at least TWO interior color choices....including the Sport. Back-up cameras and speaker lights should be available too....here in U.S. Also, some soft-touch plastics in a few places....especially in the higher trim levels. I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for some better quality plastics. Other than that, I think it's a lot of car for the money, and very appealing.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Is the mood lighting a standard feature on all trim levels?

Based on the specs, and assuming the 3,150-pound curb weight figure is accurate, I wonder if even the 2.0 will be powerful enough for American tastes. Scion now uses a 2.4 in the xB.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
The weight, as I have read it, is 2837, so the 141 hp should be enough for the Soul. The latest review from Edmund's felt the car had a good dose of torque and lively acceleration...with the 5 speed manual anyway. It isn't a performance car, but a quarter mile of 16.4 or 16.5 is more than adequate. The car they tested was a Sport version, with the 18 inch wheels, and it got 16.6 in the quarter mile because of the weight of those tires. The 16's and 15's will turn in better acceleration numbers, cuz they weigh less and there is a decrease in rotational inertia.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I asked a question about what you might dislike about the Soul, but forgot to share my $0,02...

Well, I hate it's rock-hard plastic which is used inside! The doors are full of it. One thing bothers me as well and that's the price in Europe. Base model costs 3,000 Euros more than cee'd.

It starts at 15,990 Euros here, which brings you 6 airbags, 16inch alloys, abs, air conditioning and other equippment. So it comes pretty much loded with all the needed stuff, but again, I'm not sure if I'd buy it over the cee'd. (I would if it started at EUR 12K)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts