Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Soul GT-Line
85 Posts
You could argue it's just one more thing to break.
But, how many people actually check tire pressures with a gauge as often as they should?
Or pull the oil dipstick for that matter?
How many never ever check unless forced?
I don't pull the dipstick as much as I should you would think with the new age of oil consumption they would put oil level in by now everything else is active...wouldn't it benefit them...idk

·
Registered
506 Posts
I don't pull the dipstick as much as I should you would think with the new age of oil consumption they would put oil level in by now everything else is active...wouldn't it benefit them...idk
I’m glad they still give us an oil dipstick, but I’m surprised there isn’t a low oil level warning light that starts to flash and ding if it goes down a quart.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Soul +, 2.0L
72 Posts
I’m glad they still give us an oil dipstick, but I’m surprised there isn’t a low oil level warning light that starts to flash and ding if it goes down a quart.
Way back in the 1980's, some cars had a low-oil-level warning light. Some small engines (for lawn mowers and electric generators) also had this feature. The problem is that this does not work very well due to the carbon and metals in the oil. The "low oil sensor" (if you will) gets clogged up with carbon and metal... and it usually results in the "sensor" not working correctly. Sometimes, the "sensor" would report a false positive (reporting that the oil level was low, even when the oil level was correct). More frequently, the "sensor" would get stuck... reporting that the oil level was correct... even when the oil level was very low.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Activating the TPMS readout on the 2020 LX is so simple a child could do it.
Once the car has been driven a block or two, the TPMS readout can be accessed by just pressing the Menu key (upper left) and two more presses on that same key will restore the digital speedometer readout.

Rubber Tires are porous, and will loose air over time. So it's a good idea to either check your TPMS readout, or get out the ol' tire pressure gauge and check the pressure in the tires.
Just as a matter of what I'd call 'Good Maintenance', I check my TPMS readout every time I start out on a trip, even if that trip is only to the grocery store.
By checking it while I'm still fairly close to home, if one tire is down, I can quickly get back to my house, where I have an Air Compressor and I can air up the tire. I can at the same time, check the tire for foreign objects, like, nails, screws, bolts, wire, etc. If it's a really serious problem, I can quickly put on my spare tire, and then get the damaged tire down to my Firestone store, for repair or replacement.
Sorry, this ran longer than I had intended.
Y'all have a Happy Thanksgiving.
:cool:
Vertebrate Plant Cartoon Organism Calabaza

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
No reason to miss it....It's time to trade up. The 2022's are on the dealer lots NOW!
And you'll get the New Atkinson cycle engine. I have one, they're GREAT!
:cool:

·
Registered
2014 1.6l manual
376 Posts
But, how many people actually check tire pressures with a gauge as often as they should?
Or pull the oil dipstick for that matter?
How many never ever check unless forced?
Unfortunately I'm partly in that camp. I check my oil level once a week. But my tire pressures - maybe once every few months.

·
Registered
2021 Soul GT-Line
85 Posts
Flhamster, you must have an i.q. to rival Einstein.
Just about every one of your posts is cutting someone down. Do you have low self esteem? Does belittling other people make you feel better? Lighten up.
I called him on it because he did it to me....I said I'm sorry...and when I called him on it he said he sorry..and the very next post he was calling the gentleman ignorant or stupid...but not called for then he said he was going to quit the forum and before we all could stop jumping from happiness he post right after like nothing happened talking about his gas price...I think he has oldtimers.....check this guys posts I have read dozens where he has put a newbie down...he even asked the moderator to ban him...the thing is if you don't agree with him your stupid and that is not cool...I am a ASE cert...smog tech in cali for 35yrs and I still don't know everything and those that think they do......well...I feel sorry for him...I don't mind him living in his disneyland world...but you cannot belittle people who want to state there thoughts on a subject until all views are of it are discussed...and maybe as a whole we can make ...well you know where I'm going with this.....lighten up old man...sometimes there is no wisdom with age just set in there ways and bitterness for anyone that doesn't see it your way..

·
Registered
2021 Soul GT-Line
85 Posts
I called him on it because he did it to me....I said I'm sorry...and when I called him on it he said he sorry..and the very next post he was calling the gentleman ignorant or stupid...but not called for then he said he was going to quit the forum and before we all could stop jumping from happiness he post right after like nothing happened talking about his gas price...I think he has oldtimers.....check this guys posts I have read dozens where he has put a newbie down...he even asked the moderator to ban him...the thing is if you don't agree with him your stupid and that is not cool...I am a ASE cert...smog tech in cali for 35yrs and I still don't know everything and those that think they do......well...I feel sorry for him...I don't mind him living in his disneyland world...but you cannot belittle people who want to state there thoughts on a subject until all views are of it are discussed...and maybe as a whole we can make ...well you know where I'm going with this.....lighten up old man...sometimes there is no wisdom with age your just set in your ways and bitterness for anyone that doesn't see it your way..
Flamster does anyone give you likes in your posts anymore

·
Registered
333 Posts
Mine had a nail shortly after we bought it, the TPS alarm came on with the effected tire flashing that it was low. The car drove normally even with the low pressure. TPS is a feature I really like.

·
Registered
2020 GT-White
251 Posts
Mine had a nail shortly after we bought it, the TPS alarm came on with the effected tire flashing that it was low. The car drove normally even with the low pressure. TPS is a feature I really like.
They would be much nicer if the owner could simply replace a battery on the valve stem when they fail......

·
Registered
2020 GT-White
251 Posts
My 2007 Ranger has a dead battery or the sensor has died in one so now the low tire dash indicator is on all the time, it's been on for years.
Same here, one died in my 2012 Altima a few years ago ...Light has been on ever since. I am shocked the others are still working...I know this because I got new tires and they told me

21 - 34 of 34 Posts